Lasagna With Black Olive Tapanade
Nothing better than a big piece of hot lasagna. The smell and sound of the bubbling cheese when it comes out of the oven. And then to top it all off the crunchy edges that everybody fights about!
The black olive tapenade layers in this lasagne really give it more depth of flavor and combines perfectly with the tartiness from the tomatoes.
This recipe could easily be made vegetarian by substituting the meat for zucchini, eggplant or some extra carrot and celery. To be hones this lasagne is at it's best when eaten the next day when all the flavors have had time to infuse and intensify.
- 5 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan and add the shallot and garlic.⠀
- Once the shallots turn translucent add the mince. And bake until browned. Add in the celery and carrot.⠀
- Bake the mixture for 5 minutes and add the smoked paprika powder.⠀
- Follow by adding the chopped tomatoes.⠀
- Take a baking pan and add a part of the sauce and follow by adding some of the grated cheese, then make another layer with the lasagne sheets and add little dollops of the tapenade, cover with mozzarella cheese. Repeat until there isn’t any mixture left. ⠀
- Bake in a 356 degree oven for 20 minutes⠀