Cauliflower Fritters With Yoghurt Sauce
Cauliflower is much more versatile than people often give it credit and it’s great for taking on lots of flavour. These fritters are super simple and great as a part of a main meal, a side dish or just as a snack. They also make a really nice breakfast topped with a fried egg and Sriracha.
When cooking cauliflower, don’t forget to keep and cook the leaves - they are genuinely delicious roasted! You can also use the stalk in things like coleslaw, salads and even these fritters. Visit your local farm shop or grocers if you can, to get the tastiest and locally grown cauliflowers - they're often a lot bigger than shop bought too!
To see more recipes and food ideas, visit our instagram on food_for_daise
- 8 Fritters
- Prep time: 35 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 45 min
- Roughly chop the cauliflower into medium-sized florets and put onto boil for about 10-15 mins until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Finely chop the garlic, onion, parsley and coriander and add to a bowl.
- Then into the same bowl add the salt, turmeric, curry powder, eggs, flour and lime juice and mix into a batter.
- Lightly mash the cauliflower in a separate bowl before adding and stirring into the batter. You are aiming to break up the florets but keep some little chunks so it doesn’t just turn into a mush.
- Allow this to sit whilst you make the dressing.
- To make the dressing, simply chop the herbs and cucumber and add all of the ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Easy!
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and dollop a large serving spoonful of the cauliflower mixture into the pan - repeat for the rest of the fritters (you may have to do this in batches). Be careful to make sure the fritters don’t touch and aim to have them about 1 1/2 cm thick.
- Keep checking the fritters and flip over once they have started to turn golden brown. It should take around ~10 minutes. If cooking in batches you can keep them warm in a very low oven.
- Serve with the sauce either as a snack or part of a main meal.
- Lightly salt the water you use to boil the cauliflower.
- Make sure the onion is chopped nice and finely so it cooks thoroughly within the fritters.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go