This dish is aromatic as well as very light. Whenever there is some leftover rice, either I make vegetables pulao or Soya Chunks Pulao. It's a complete one pot meal, which is filling & healthy too.
Soya Chunks Pulao With Leftover Rice
Instantly made Soya Chunks Pulao with leftover Rice for dinner. This dish is my personal favourite which is delicious as well as flavourful. This is quite a popular dish among vegetarian. It can be served for both lunch and dinner. So as I was preparing this dish for dinner so cooked with little oil & curd this adds slight tangy flavours to the Soya Chunks & rice as well.
To add extra flavours to the leftover rice, I have infused it with whole garam masala.
Indian people love to eat rice and there are different varieties of it. Different State have there own creations, let it be curd rice, khichdi, Biryani, pulao & lot more. These are basically one pot meal which is easy to make in less time.
These dishes are quite popular among working people's. Just a bowl of flavourful rice & Raita & we are done.
Check out the Recipe below!!!
And comment down below your thoughts on the same, Would love to hear from you!!!!
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Add 500 ml water to a deep bottom pan, then add 1/2 bay leaf, 1 black cardamom, 2 clove & 2 whole black pepper & allow it to boil.
- Once water started to boil then add leftover basumati rice. Boil it for 3 to 4 mins on high flame.
- After 4 mins, immediately strain it & spread it on a plate to cool down.
- Heat another deep bottom pan, add 2 tsp oil & allow it to heat.
- Add 1 Green Cardamom & 1/4 cinnamon to the hot oil.
- Once it turns aromatic, immediately add onion, saute it for a while then add ginger garlic paste, cook until raw smells goes.
- Add thinly sliced tomatoes, saute it until soft & tender.
- Once masala is perfectly cooked add whisked curd, chopped mint leaves, coriander leaves. Cook it well untill oil starts to separate.
- Now layer cooked rice on the top of the masala & add some finely chopped mint & coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle little Pulao masala, garam masala powder & ghee.
- Cover the lid for 5 to 7 mins. After 7 mins, delicious Soya Chunks pulao is ready.
- Served it piping hot with chilled Raita of your choice.
- Now add Pulao masala, Turmeric powder, Red chili powder & Salt as per taste, give it a quick mix.
- If you don't get Pulao masala, then any Biryani masala will do but reduced the amount.
- You can also add leftover over rice directly to the masala & cook.
- Inorder to enhance the taste I have infused the leftover rice with whole garam masala, as it adds nice flavours.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go