Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips are a crispy and healthy way to enjoy delicious summer squash! With only a handful of ingredients, you can have these air-fried little bites ready in no time cooked in your air fryer instead of in oil. Air Fried Zucchini Chips taste as close to the fried version as possible, they are better for you, and are pretty easy to make.
Fried Zucchini Chips are awesome because you can dip them in so many things! I most recently dipped mine in Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing (seen below), but I also like to dip them in regular ranch dressing or marinara sauce.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips with avocado lime ranch dipping sauce.
Zucchini Chips in an air fryer basket.
Breaded zucchini slices on a rack before cooking.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced in 1/4" slices
- 1 large egg, beaten
- non-stick cooking spray
- Slice your zucchini in ¼" rounds. Combine the panko, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix together. Crack the egg into another bowl and beat with a fork or a whisk.
- Dip a zucchini slice into the egg and then into the panko mixture, pressing down each side to get as much coating as possible to stick. Set each slice aside on a baking rack or plate until all of the slices have been coated.
- Preheat the air fryer at 375°F for 2-3 minutes. Spray the basket of the air fryer with non-stick spray and place as many zucchini slices as you can in the basket. Spray the top of the zucchini with a light coat of non-stick spray and cook for 8 minutes. Flip each slice over with tongs, spray again and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove the slices from the basket and continue cooking the rest of the zucchini. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy right away.
- When breading the zucchini, make sure you press on both sides with your hands to get as much of the panko mix to stick.
- Preheating your air fryer is not a necessity (unless otherwise noted by your manufacturer). However, it definitely helps speed up the cooking time and helps cook the food evenly.
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips are best when eaten right away while still hot. They become less crispy the longer they sit
- Non-stick spray is a must-have when air frying so don’t skip it. Not only does it help the food from sticking to the basket, but it also aids in the crisping of whatever food you are air frying. You can use vegetable oil, olive oil, avocado oil, or whatever oil spray you like.
- Aluminum foil is also a handy tool when air frying for easier clean-up. You will get some residual oil spray at the bottom of your air fryer as well as some food that may fall off. Use a small piece of foil to catch as much as you can.
- Cooking times and temperatures may vary due to variations in equipment and may require adjustments.
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Air Fryer and follow all safety guidelines.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published September 7th, 2021 12:46 PM
If you cannot use egg, what can you substitute with?