Mouth Watering Burgers
No title will do these beautiful veggie burgers justice, so let me just run you through EXACTLY what’s going on here!
Spicy black bean burgers, with a homemade potato yam rostie bun, caramelised red onions and salad. Served with a side of CAULIroni cheese. 🍔
These spicy black bean burgers from morning star farms are DELICIOUS, I highly recommend. They come in a few flavours, however my favourite are the spicy black bean burgers. Packet with protein from your beans, they are a lot better for you then your normal meaty boys. They worked perfectly for this dish, but don't you worry il be making them myself next time!
I decided to make potato rostie buns, as I don’t eat much bread and they worked sooo well as a crispy shell for the burgers. This gluten free alternative was a delight, and so easy to make as well.
Not wanting more potato as a side, I decided to make some Mac n cheese…. made without pasta and with cauliflower. Very similar to cauliflower cheese ingredients wise, I just made the florets finer like little pieces of macaroni. As a side it was delicious, however I actually chucked mine inside my burger, oozing the cheese, spicy, beany, fresh, crisp burger sensation all together.
Say no more! 👌
When all elements are ready put together your burgers and ENJOY! I actually put some of the caul-roni cheese inside the burger. IT went sooooo nicely with the spicy flavour from the beans and was great to help hold the bad boy together.
Mouth Watering Burgers
- 1.5 potato yams
- 4 black bean burgers
- 2 large tomatoes
- spinach leaves
- 1 red onion
- Half a cauliflower
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1.5 cup milk
- 3 cups of cheese ( i used cheddar)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dijion mustard
How to make your rosties...
- Peel your potatoes and grate them completely.
- Place all of your grated potato in a tea towel and squeeze all the water out.
- IMPORTANT: you want to get as much water out of your potatoes as possible to make a super crispy rosti. So grab some muscle and repeat the process many times.
- Spray your baking tray with oil and place a ball shape rostie onto the tray. Flatten slightly to create a disk shape. Repeat for all of your rosties... 2 per person.
- Pre heat your oven to 180/200, bake in the oven for 10 minutes and then carefully turn your rosties. Repeat on the other side.
How to make the Cauli-roni cheese.
- Par boil your cauliflower until its soft but not flakey.
- Remove from the water and chop into smaller pieces, like the size of macaroni.
- Meanwhile place flour and seasonings with butter in a pan and stir.
- Slowly add in some milk to the roux and whisk constantly (it will be super thick). Keep adding a little at a time until it smooths out.
- Whisk until it reaches a boil and let bubble 1 minute. Add in your mustard
- Remove from heat and add cheese. Whisk until smooth. If it is too thick add some more milk.
- Mix the sauce in with your small pieces of cauliflower. Place in a small baking loaf tin and cook for approx 20mins until it starts to go golden on top. Serve with your burger.
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!