Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In a Air Fryer
Air-frying frozen sweet potato fries is a speedy method to achieve crispy fries without deep-frying. This cost-effective side dish can be ready in as little as 20 minutes. Just toss your frozen fries into the air fryer basket, and follow the cooking instructions and my expert tips. You will have a delicious side dish in no time.
The sweet potatoes' natural sugars and a bit of high heat from the air fryer create a perfectly crisp fry texture. Add seasonings to take your fries to the next level, and dip them into your favorite sauce. Combining all three, air-fired sweet potatoes, seasonings, and the perfect dipping sauce make for the perfect fries!
Did I mention the added bonus of air-fried french fries? There is minimal clean-up, and your house won't smell like a deep-fat fryer. Try my air fryer zucchini fries if you want a healthier fry.
This recipe also works great with traditional white potato
fries, curly fries, tater tots, waffle fries, steak fries, and potato wedges. Ok, I admit it, the air fryer works with every type of fry possible.
Equipment and Ingredients you Need
Air Fryer - If you are looking for an air fryer, they come in many different sizes and styles. I have two different ones, and they work great. I can personally recommend this 2.6qt dash compact air fryer or the 7qt Gourmia air fryer.
Frozen Sweet Potatoes -I use Alexia sweet potato fries; they are easy to find at my supermarket and taste great. However, many popular brands exist, including Costco, Ore Ida, and Trader Joe's. Generally, the cook times are similar. However, check every 5 minutes to see how the fries are doing. You might need to adjust the time depending on the cut of the fry.
Neutral Oil - I recommend using cooking spray. They are convenient and easy while minimizing the amount of oil used. Good oils include olive oil, avocado oil, or canola oil.
Seasonings (optional) - Use your favorite seasonings or read for suggestions.
Dipping Sauces (optional) - Use your favorite dipping sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make sweet potato fries from scratch and air fry them? Yes, you absolutely can make sweet potato fries using a fresh sweet potato. Slice the sweet potatoes into fry-shaped pieces and place them in the air fryer. I recommend slicing the fries into a consistent sizes for the best results.
Can I use oil when air-frying sweet potato fries? Yes, I recommend lightly spraying the fries with a neutral-flavored oil. Remember, a little goes a long way, and air frying differs from deep frying.
How do I prevent sweet potato fries from sticking to the air fryer basket? To prevent sweet potato fries from sticking to the air fryer basket, lightly spray the bottom of the basket with cooking spray.
Can I season sweet potato fries before air frying? Yes, you can season sweet potato fries before air-frying them. I have done seasoned before, during, and after. I think they all taste delicious, and I cannot really taste the difference between the three methods.
How do I store sweet potato fries? Store your leftover fries in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat the fries, place them in the oven or air fryer at 400°F for a few minutes until they're crispy again. Do not microwave the fries; they will turn soggy.
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In a Air Fryer
- ▢ 16 ounce Frozen sweet potato fries
- ▢ 1 Cooking spray
- ▢ 1 seasoning (optional)
- Step One: Preheat the Air fryer - Oil the basket. Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (180°C) for 5-10 minutes.
- Step Two: Air Fry- Add the frozen sweet potato fries to the air fryer basket. At a maximum, only fill the basket to the halfway point. Cook for 12-14 minutes, shaking the fries halfway through. For extra crispiness, lightly spray the fries with cooking spray before placing them in the basket.
- Note: depending on the size of your fry, you might need to adjust the cooking time. Thinner fries will cook for less time, and thicker fries will require additional cooking time. 16 ounce Frozen sweet potato fries, 1 Cooking spray
- Step Three: Season and Serve - Once the fries are golden brown and crispy, remove them from the air fryer basket and season as desired. Serve immediately while still hot and crispy.1 seasoning (optional)
- See the post for seasoning and dipping sauce ideas.
- Nutrial information based on Alexia sweet potato fries.