Maple Ginger Roasted Carrots
Spring is alive in all of her colors and Easter is upon us. I am always looking for easy and elegant sides perfect for the season, whether to celebrate a holiday with or dress up a Sunday dinner. Maple Ginger Roasted Carrots is one of my favorites.
There is just something about roasted carrots that just lend themselves to the perfect elegant side, especially when they're so fresh and in season. Their natural sweetness gets amplified and enhanced from the process of roasting while the glaze makes them irresistible.
Sweet and Savory
I love dishes that combine sweet and savory flavors. Maple Ginger Roasted Carrots are a beautiful and effortless accompaniment to all of your favorite mains.
I am always looking for ways to incorporate more vegetables into my family's meals, and roasted vegetables are a perfect option. They always have that balanced texture of tender yet a little crisp while the roasting process deepens and intensifies their natural sweetness.
Spring and carrots just go hand in hand. While this beloved root vegetable is readily available year round they're at their seasons best in the spring. When I think of spring, especially Easter, I think of roasted lamb and gorgeously glazed hams. These carrots would be right at home next to either on the Easter table.
With just a handful of ingredients you probably already have on hand, the glaze couldn't be any simpler. Soy sauce gives just enough salty savory bite to balance the sweet maple and brown sugar. Fresh garlic and ginger add warmth and perfume the entire kitchen as they roast. Black pepper gives a little pop to wake everything up.
Easy Maple Ginger Roasted Carrots
With just a little chopping at the start, these elegant and delicious carrots come together easily.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop your carrots into whatever shape you like but keep the size uniform. This will allow them to roast evenly.
- Finely mince your garlic and ginger and mix together with the maple syrup, soy sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, and black pepper. Pour over the carrots and toss to combine.
- Roast the carrots until they are glossy with the glaze and fork tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley for a little bright freshness.
Are you looking for more ideas for roasted vegetables? Make sure you check out my recipe for Parmesan Crusted Roast Fennel.
Maple Ginger Roasted Carrots
- ▢ 1 lb carrots, chopped into fairly even sizes
- ▢ 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ▢ 1 tsp ginger, minced
- ▢ 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ▢ 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ▢ 2 tbsp olive oil
- ▢ 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ▢ salt and black pepper to taste
- ▢ 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ▢ Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- ▢ Chop your carrots into fairly even sizes and place on a sheet pan.
- ▢ Mix together the maple syrup, brown sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, ginger, and black pepper.
- ▢ Pour over the carrots and toss to evenly coat.
- ▢ Bake until the carrots are glossy with the glaze and fork tender.
- ▢ Garnish with parsley.