I think it’s good for every baker to have a basic whipped cream recipe or know how to make whipped cream. Making whipped cream is super easy. It's also great to know that whenever I need some whipped cream for a pie or cobbler I can just whip some up quickly. I also love that I know everything that’s in the whipped cream. There are no mystery ingredients or words I can’t pronounce. This recipe is simple and has just the right amount of sweetness to it. This recipe makes a small batch of whipped cream but if you need more the recipe can easily be doubled.
- 1 c Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 c Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a mixing bowl add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Begin mixing the cream with your hand mixer on low to medium. You don't want to splash cream everywhere. The cream will begin to look frothy.
- As the cream starts to thicken increase the speed on your hand mixer.
- Mix until you have a stiff peak.
- To check if you have a stiff peak take the whisks of your mixer and stick them straight down into the bowl of whipped cream. Then pull them straight up and out of the cream. Turn the whisk with the cream on it up towards the ceiling. If you are at a stiff peak the whipped cream will be standing straight up on your whisk and shouldn't slide off or slump over. See video above for visual reference.
- Be careful not to over mix your cream. You can tell if you have over mixed it when the cream becomes chunky and not smooth. To fix this just add a little more cream to it and mix again until its smooth and at a stiff peak.
- Then put your whipped cream in a covered container and enjoy!
- Be careful not to over mix your cream. You can tell you have over mixed it when the cream becomes chunky and not smooth. To fix this just add a little more cream to it and mix again until its smooth and at a stiff peak.