Do your Kid's like COOKIES????
Especially homemade cookies!!!
My daughter answer is 'YES' offcourse..... Cookies can be enjoyed at anytime of the day. I prefer to bake large batches of these cookies and store it in an airtight container for several days. Kid's love this cookies....baked these for my little princess..... it's too simple & it take very less ingredients.
All you need is flour, powdered sugar, butter or oil & any fruit jam.....then bake it in preheated oven for 15 to 20 mins or until the bottom is slightly golden brown. Once baked cool down completely & serve it to your kid's with a glass of warm milk.
This recipe is quite easy and requires minimal ingredients. Nowdays it's so much fun to bake with my daughter, she is tiny but still shows lots of interest in baking. Nevertheless we both mother daughter spend some quality time together doing something productive at the end.
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious looking Jam Cookies. If you like the recipe then please comment below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter (Unsalted) , softened at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup mixed fruit jam
- Preheat Oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit & line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour and salt with a whisk.
- In a mixing bowl, add softened butter and with an Hand mixer on medium high, beat the butter till soft and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and beat again, till pale & creamy.
- Then add half of the flour mixture and beat on low till it mixed.
- Add the rest of the flour and mix again. Do not over mix. Use a spatula to mix in the flour till just combined.
- Pour the dough into the piping bag with star nozzle on.
- Pipe 1 inch cookie dough on the parchment paper at equal distance.
- Make a small indentation in the center of each dough with back of a 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon and fill it with about 1/4 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake for about 15 minutes till it starts to get a light brown color.
- Let stand for about a minute on the sheet and then transfer to a wired cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store Jam Cookies in an airtight container for further use.
- These cookies make a delicious combination with Ginger Tea or Coffee.
- I have used less sugar powder, if you want more sweeter than add more 2 to 3 Tsp of sugar powder.
- Don't knead the cookie dough like a roti dough just combine it all together using a spatula.
- Once baked cool down the cookies completely.
- You can use custard powder to make the cookies more creamy.
- Instead of Vanilla essence, you can also use other flavours according to your preference.