I have a love / hate relationship with viral food trends. There have been so many in the past few years -- dalgona whipped coffee during quarantine, pancake cereal, pesto eggs, the salmon rice bowl by Emily Mariko, the baked feta pasta, the list goes on! Social media has really changed the home cooking game. While you used to have to turn to a recipe book off the shelf for ideas, now I have the ability to pull up TikTok or Instagram reels to get inspiration. I recently saw this grated egg on avocado toast trend go viral and I knew since I loved avocado toast, I needed to try it!
- 1 slice of sourdough; toasted
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 2 tsp Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- Toast your sourdough.
- Mash your ripe avocado on top of it.
- Add a touch of olive oil and some chili flakes & EBTB seasoning.
- Grate the hard boiled egg on top.
- Top with hot sauce and more EBTB seasoning.
Published April 26th, 2022 11:00 AM