This hearty vegetable noodle soup is loaded with colorful veggies and can be prepared with few pantry basics. If you are vegetarian or vegan and looking for an alternative to vegetable noodle soup then this is the perfect recipe for you. Full of flavors from veggies and dry whole spices , makes it the best comforting meal for a cold/gloomy day.
Vegetable Noodle Soup
Store-bought noodles package has all the unnecessary ingredients and preservatives. So I tried to prepare healthier and even tastier version of that. Try making this for your kids, Trust me they are gonna eat all the colorful veggies happily.
The best thing about this recipe is homemade vegetable broth. I love how the whole house smells wonderful while making the vegetable broth . And it is much more healthier than store-bough vegetable broth that are higher in sodium level.
Try this comforting and delicious wholesome meal . This recipe is so versatile you can experiment with your favorite veggies.Here i used wheat noodles, you can use any pasta/spaghetti or noodles of your choice to make it even more healthy.
Here is the video link to the recipe. Give it a try and let me know in the comments below, how it turns out for you.
Vegetable Noodle Soup
For The Broth
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 medium chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery stick
- 1 medium chopped tomato
- 1 small chopped potato
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick(1/2 inch)
For the soup
- Noodles/pasta of your choice
- 1/2 cup mixed-vegetables(I added bell peppers,celery,carrot and spring onion)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp oinion powder
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper
- Chiili sauce/ Hot sauce
Fot the broth
- Add all the veggies in a pressure cooker/instapot with 2 1/2 cup water.
- Add salt to taste and whole dry spices. Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles in a pressure cooker. Or in the Instapot cook on manual setting for 5 minutes .Make sure the steam release knob is in "sealing" position.
- Once all the vegetable are cooked well , You can strain the vegetables using a strainer or you can also puree it in a blender for thicker broth. If you decide to puree the cooked vegetables make sure you remove the whole dry spices before adding it to the blender.
- Keep the prepared broth aside. You can store this broth in fridge for 3-4 days and in freezer for up to 3-4 months.
For the Soup
- First thing to do is in a pot of boiling water add pasta/noodles of your choice. Cook them well and keep aside.
- Then in a saucepan heat some cooking oil( around 1 tbsp).
- Add 1/2 cup chopped vegetables of your choice . I added bell peppers,carrot,spring onion and celery. You can add any vegetables of your choice diced into small chunks.
- Saute the veggies for 1-2 minutes on medium heat .
- Add the prepared vegetable stock and then add 1 tbsp tomato paste to it.
- Add in some chilli sauce or hot sauce depending on your taste. I used ching's green chilli sauce available at any Indian grocery store. You can add hot sauce or any spicy sauce you like.
- Add in garlic powder,onion powder and black pepper powder. Mix everything well and let it simmer for few minutes or until the soup thickens a bit on medium heat.
- At the time of serving, Add in the cooked noodles/pasta and serve hot. Enjoy!