I make this salad mostly in the summer months as we always have fresh veggies here in Minnesota during that time. But if I can find quality produce during the winter months, I make sure this delicious and healthy salad is on our menu rotation. I love how bright and colorful it is, and all the fresh herbs, and also that it can be so versatile. But I think my favorite part are the homemade croutons which add the perfect crunch! You can serve this as a side salad with dinner or all on it's for a light and super healthy lunch.
For the Salad
- 1 English Cucumber sliced and halved
- 2 1/2 lbs mixed variety of tomatoes cut in half or quarters
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced in half
- 1/2 loaf French or Italian bread cubed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme)
To Top the Salad
- Fresh Parmesan Shavings
- Fresh Basil Chopped
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers, and olives to a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350. Place bread cubes onto a large baking. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Bake bread cubes for 15 minutes, (flipping once) or until golden brown.
- Remove the croutons from the oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine ingredients for the dressing. Mix well.
- Add half of the croutons to the salad bowl.
- Pour half of the dressing over the salad.
- Toss until well coated.
- Add-in remaining croutons, parmesan cheese, and basil. Add more dressing as needed.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published September 23rd, 2020 11:15 AM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!