I am determined to make sure no one ever has a boring salad ever again. For this delicious salad, I am using canned tuna as the star ingredient!
I know not everyone is a fan of canned tuna, so you can sub shredded chicken, salmon, or leave out meat altogether. But I love it and I like to keep canned tuna on hand at all times. I highly suggest only buying flaked albacore tuna, as some of the other kinds can definitely be of less quality.
I also keep pre-boiled eggs on hand for when I want to add some sort of protein to my meal, without having to actually cook it. Just prep them the night before and you're good to go! Besides, it can double for a quick breakfast or snack. Makes the dish come together so much quicker!
I also added some leftover brown rice for some carbs to keep me satisfied for longer but this is completely optional. Use whatever veggies/ingredients are on hand! Use dressing of choice for this salad.
Check out my Instagram @tikofoods to ensure you never have another boring salad.
- 1 can flaked tuna (preferably albacore)
- 1/2 cup mayo (regular or dairy free)
- 2 -3 handfuls of spring mix or other leafy greens
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- dressing of choice
- microgreens/sprouts (optional)
- hemp hearts (optional)
- Drain a can of tuna and combine with mayo then season with salt & pepper
- Place leafy greens in a bowl then add chopped celery, onions, and red pepper
- Top with the salad with tuna and sliced boiled eggs egg, hemp hearts, micro-greens, and dressing of choice or olive oil
- Mix it all together and enjoy!