CAPRESE PASTA SALAD
It's time for more salad recipes that are flavorful, tasty and so easy to make. Here is one of my favorite salads of all times; CAPRESE PASTA SALAD!
The combination of fresh tomatoes, fresh mozarella and fresh basil are the best over bread, pasta or just itself. The velvety balsamic glaze is the sweet touch to bring all the flavors together.
For this recipe, I decided to use the traditional caprese salad ingredients: Basil, tomatoes and mozarella and adding some new ingredients to elevate this summer salad favorite. I added past, fresh baby arugula and pesto to make this salad one for the books.
This salad is delicious, refreshing and so colorful salad. Is the perfect dish to bring to your next picnic, backyard or 4th of July party.
I chose this veggie pasta from Trader Joe's but you can use your favorite pasta.
Then add fresh arugula and fold it with pasta.
Then add the tomatoes, mozarella, pesto sauce and fresh basil.
Finally, a good drizzle of balsamic glaze. Just perfect
The perfect salad for tour next picnic or backyard party!
You may use store bought pesto or make your own.
Let's cook together and elevate home cooked meals!
For more recipes follow me in Instagram @dishplay_it
CAPRESE PASTA SALAD
- 1 12 onz pasta organic pasta
- 1 8 onz mini mozarella tub
- 1 1/2 cups of arugula
- 1 pint of heirloom baby tomatoes or cherry tomatoes.
- 2 -3 TBSP of pesto
- 15 large leaves of fresh basil
- Drizzle of balsamic glaze
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- First, start boiling the water, then add 1 tsp of salt and cook the past for 9 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the tomatoes and mozarella in halves, and set aside.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain and put in the fridge for a few minutes.
- In a bowl , put the pasta, mix in the arugula and 1 Tbsp of pesto, then top off with tomatoes, mozarella, the basil leaves cut in julienne. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, balsamic glaze.