Fresh Herb-Garlic Roasted Chicken
***This post is made in collaboration with Instant Brands. All content, ideas and words are my own.***
This delicious Fresh Herb-Garlic Roasted Chicken is made in under an hour! It is crispy on the outside and super juicy and tender on the inside. Plus, it’s an easy and healthy weeknight meal that everyone will love! It is the ultimate comfort food.
Here’s the best thing about this roasted chicken, it’s easy enough to prep for a quick dinner, but is also elegant enough to serve during the holidays. (Can you say comfort recipe)?!? You can even make and shred the chicken ahead of time to enjoy during the week. It is so versatile!
- Whole Chicken
- Avocado Oil
- DIY Herb Salt
- Black Pepper
- Orange and Lemon
How To Make The Best Fresh Herb-Garlic Roasted Chicken:
- Whole Chicken – Try to find one that has the neck and giblets removed. If not, just make sure to remove them before prepping. Also, it is very important to note that you must thoroughly dry the bird before adding the herb mixture. Otherwise the herbs will not stick.
- Herb Salt – I use my homemade DIY Garden Herb Salt for this recipe. It is simple to put together and really packs a great herb-garlic punch. The flavor on the crispy skin is fantastic! It is comforting and so good.
- When adding this to the chicken, make sure to not only rub it all over the outside, but also add it underneath the skin as well.
- FYI: Prep time for the salt is not included in this recipe.
- 1 Orange and 1 Lemon – Use just 1/4 of each and add it to the cavity, and then truss securely.
- Garnishes – For the holidays, be sure to add garnishes to the finished dish. To the platter, add orange and lemon slices, fresh rosemary, thyme and cranberries.
- Equipment – For this recipe, I use the Instant Vortex Plus 10 QT 7-in-1 Air Fryer Oven. It can air fry, roast, broil, bake, reheat, dehydrate, and rotisserie. And not to mention, it is so much fun to use! I love it!
- Follow the directions on how to put the spit and forks together and then add it to the oven. That is all there is to it.
For more fall and winter recipes, please give these a try:
- Herb-Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
- Herb-Crusted Cornish Game Hens
- Empress Pear-Rosemary Gin Cocktail
- Hearty Autumn-Harvest Salad with apples
- Beautiful Autumn Charcuterie Board
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest updates, recipes and content.
- The serving platter, 6-ounce mini bowls and 10-ounce condiment bowls can all be found on Corelle.
* Did you make this recipe? Tag @alifedelicious on Instagram and hashtag it
* Love this recipe? Be sure to save it to Pinterest by clicking the pin it button on a photo, or the share button at the bottom of the post.
Fresh Herb-Garlic Roasted Chicken
- 1 Whole Young Chicken (4.25-4.5 lbs.)
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp Garden Herb Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 Navel Orange, quartered (use just 1/4)
- 1 Lemon, quartered (use just 1/4)
- To garnish platter: orange and lemon segments, rosemary and thyme sprigs, fresh cranberries
- To a small bowl, add the oil, garden herb salt and black pepper and stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the package, place on a cutting board and pat it dry with paper towels. Using your hands gently separate skin from the meat on the breast, leg and thighs, being careful not to pop a hole through the skin.
- Take the herb mixture and rub underneath the skin and all over the outside of the skin as well.
- Air Fryer Oven. Follow the steps in Rotisserie cooking: Rotisserie accessories to properly add the chicken to the spit.
- Once the chicken is on the spit, place the lemon and orange segments inside the chicken cavity. Using cooking twine, truss the legs together.
- According to oven directions, add the rotisserie accessory to the cooking chamber. Turn on the air fryer oven, and set it to roast. (It will automatically cook for 40 minutes). Be sure to check the internal temperature after the timer goes off.
- Insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh (the bottom of the chicken.) The chicken will be done when the thigh is 165° F.
- According to oven directions, carefully remove the roasted chicken from the air fryer oven. Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Chicken: To fit this oven, make sure the chicken is 4.25-4.5 lbs. or less.
Will definitely have to try this recipe sounds delicious