GF Crispy Chicken Strips
Now here is a recipe for all my gluten free people out there. I LOVE fried chicken, breaded chicken and all that good stuff but since I've cut out gluten, trying to find the same texture as fried chicken has been so tough.
In comes pork rinds. I know I know, its GENIUS. I love snacking on them already and now I've figured out a way to use them to make crispy chicken strips taste just like the real deal. My favorite kind of the Epic brand pork grinds. I love both the chile lime and the sea salt & pepper flavored ones.
This recipe is going to blow your mind. You'll be shocked its gluten free! Comment below when you make them and let me know what you think!
The dredging process
GF Crispy Chicken Strips
- 2 lbs of chicken breast
- 1 bag of Epic Pork Rinds - Chili Lime flavor
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of cassava flour
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 cup + 1tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
Items You'll Need
- Cookie baking sheet
- A wire rack
- Parchment Paper
- 3 plates/shallow bowls
- Food processor
- We're going to start off by brining your chicken. Now, if you haven't brined chicken before, I promise you, you'll never not brine chicken breast ever again. It makes the meat so juicy and most.
- In a shallow bowl or baking dish mix 4 cups of water and 1/4 cup of salt. Mix it well until most of the salt dissolves.
- Add your chicken breast whole and let it sit in the brine for 45 minutes. Remove the chicken and pat it try really well.
- Now that your chicken is dry, cut the chicken breast into medium sized strips (think the size of chicken tenders). Salt and pepper the chicken. Set aside.
The Prep Station
- Preheat you oven to 425 Degrees F
- Next, place the entire bag of pork grinds (2.5 oz bag) inside of a food processor and pulse until the grinds are course but not powdery.
- Now, prepare your dredging station. Take out 3 shallow bowls or plates. Mix the cassava flour, paprika, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp of pepper in one of those bowls. The next bowl, add 2 beaten eggs and the last bowl, add your ground up pork rinds.
- Set up all your separate bowls in a row to make the process easier. 1. Cassava Flour 2. Egg wash 3. Pork Rinds
- Take your chicken strips and start off by dredging them piece in the cassava flour, then the egg mixture and finally the pork rinds. Make sure to get all of it covered in each of the ingredients.
- Then place on wire rack on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Repeat the steps until all your chicken strips are covered in pork rinds.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with a side of GF Ranch dip!
- If you don't have cassava flour, feel free to use any other GF flour alternative.