Spicy Lemon Chicken
If you love it a bit more spicy and if you want chicken that basically melts in your mouth because it is so soft, you definitely have to try this amazing recipe! I myself found it at @kitchenstories_official, but I adapted it a little bit to my personal preferences.
It got spices, it got some fresh lemon, and a sauce consisting of cream and yoghurt that is unbeatable. Serve it with some rice and you will have the perfect dish. It also suits perfect for meal prep when you have a busy week ahead of you. If you want it vegetarian, swap the chicken with chickpeas or maybe some tofu. Enjoy!!
Spicy Lemon Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 garlic gloves
- 25g ginger, preferably fresh otherwise powder
- 1/2 lemon zest + juice
- 150 g yoghurt
- Korma and Madras (spices)
- 2 large tomatos
- 1/3 cup of spring onions
- 20 g parsley
- 1 chilli chopped or chilli flakes
- vegetable oil
- 150 g rice
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 200 ml cream
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Chop chicken breast and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Use a garlic press for the garlic and grate the ginger.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, yoghurt, ginger, garlic, spices, salt, lemon juice and zest.
- Chop spring onion and parsley into very small bits.
- In a pan, sauté spring onion, garlic, and chilli for one minute approximately.
- Add diced tomato, more of the spices (2g) and cook for another 3 min
- Transfer marinated chicken to a baking tray covered with parchment paper and put into oven for 15 min until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice!
- Add cream and chicken stock to tomatoes and garlic mix. Bring to a boil for 1-2 min and let simmer for another 10 min by reduced heat.
- Finally, add chicken into sauce and stir well.
- Serve on plate and garnish with parsley.
- If you are a vegetarian, swap the chicken with chickpeas or tofu.
- If you don't want to use the oven, just fry the chicken. However, it won't turn out as soft and tender.