Are you thinking of throwing a delicious brunch for your friends but you are bored of traditional croissants and toasts? Well, if that’s the case, I have som good news for you. If you can find a waffle maker in your household, I guarantee this recipe will be a favorite among you, your family and friends. It is perfectly cheesy, soft, but crispy on the outside. It makes a great pair with any type of egg, such as fried or scrambled eggs, and by no means should you miss a few slices of crispy baked bacon as well. And if you want something really extra, feel free to drizzle it with some maple syrup, which ties all these tasty flavors together. Hope you’ll give it a try and have a great brunch!
- 250 g (2 cups plus 1 tbsp) of flour of choice
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 dcl of milk
- 150 g (1 1/4 sticks) of butter, melted
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) of grated cheese (i used white cheddar)
- fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, chopped
- In a bigger mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar). Add the egg yolks, milk and melted butter. Next, add the cheese and herbs.
- In a different bowl, whip the egg whites.
- Carefully, using a spatula, add the egg whites into the main mixture.
- In 1 dcl portions bake the waffles for about 5 minutes each.
- Serve with fried eggs, bacon and veggies.
Published June 29th, 2021 5:41 PM