Croissants are a classic French pastry, rolled and shaped into a crescent. These are golden brown, extra flaky, crisp on the outside, soft on the inside.They are airy, light & buttery, with a hint of sweetness.
The croissant dough is layered with butter, rolled and folded several times in succession, then rolled into a thin sheet & this process results in a layered, flaky texture puff pastry.
I baked these mini version of croissant for the first time & it turned out to be delicious, flaky & crispy at the same time.
This is a eggless version of Croissant and my family loved it to the core. So, Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious Mini Croissant.
If you like this amazing snack recipe then please comment down below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
For Yeast Mixture
- 3/4 Cup Warm Milk
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tsp Yeast
- 2.5 Cup All purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup butter
For Yeast Mixture
- In a big mixing bowl add warm milk, yeast & sugar.
- Mix it well & cover the bowl.
- Allow the yeast to activates for 15 minutes.
- Add oil ,salt & flour to the activated yeast mixture & knead it with all muscle strength to make a dough.
- Apply some oil over the dough, cover it with a cloth & keep it in a warm place for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, roll the dough and divide it into equal parts.
- Then take each dough ball and roll it with a roller like a round shape roti.
- So I have made 15 layers of roti. Then will apply soft butter on one layer and place another one layer on it.
- Likewise will repeat the same with 15 layer.
- Again will flattened it with the roller & cut it into triangle shape.
- Now will fold each triangle shape into croissant shape and will repeat and make all the croissant likewise.
- Place all the croissant on a baking tray & keep it for 20 mins.
- Then brush some sweet milk over it to get nice golden brown colour.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Bake it at 180 degree Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Mini Croissant are ready!
- Use butter as it helps each pastry layer to puff easily.
- Dough should be well rested for 2 to 3 hours.
- Use good quality yeast for best results.
Looking forward to trying this. You should add butter to your ingredients list and how much butter you used for the recipe. Thanks for sharing.