Croissants are a classic French pastry, rolled and shaped into a crescent. These are golden brown, extra flaky, crisp on the outside, soft on the inside.They are airy, light & buttery, with a hint of sweetness.
The croissant dough is layered with butter, rolled and folded several times in succession, then rolled into a thin sheet & this process results in a layered, flaky texture puff pastry.
I baked these mini version of croissant for the first time & it turned out to be delicious, flaky & crispy at the same time.
This is a eggless version of Croissant and my family loved it to the core. So, Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious Mini Croissant.
If you like this amazing snack recipe then please comment down below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
For Yeast Mixture
- 3/4 Cup Warm Milk
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tsp Yeast
- 2.5 Cup All purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
For Yeast Mixture
- In a big mixing bowl add warm milk, yeast & sugar.
- Mix it well & cover the bowl.
- Allow the yeast to activates for 15 minutes.
- Add oil ,salt & flour to the activated yeast mixture & knead it with all muscle strength to make a dough.
- Apply some oil over the dough, cover it with a cloth & keep it in a warm place for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, roll the dough and divide it into equal parts.
- Then take each dough ball and roll it with a roller like a round shape roti.
- So I have made 15 layers of roti. Then will apply cold butter on one layer and place another one layer on it.
- Likewise will repeat the same with 15 layer.
- Again will flattened it with the roller & cut it into triangle shape.
- Now will fold each triangle shape into croissant shape and will repeat and make all the croissant likewise.
- Place all the croissant on a baking tray & keep it for 20 mins.
- Then brush some sweet milk over it to get nice golden brown colour.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Bake it at 180 degree Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Mini Croissant are ready!
- Use cold butter as it helps each pastry layer to puff easily.
- Dough should be well rested for 2 to 3 hours.
- Use good quality yeast for best results.