Easy Pork Ribs
I have no idea why I was SO intimated to try and make ribs at home but a few years ago, after studying a bunch of different recipes I took the plunge, gave it a try and BOY and I so glad that I did! Here is my tried and true easy pork ribs recipes that is not only delicious but actually fool proof! If you are intimated like I was, I promise this is an easy recipe that you will enjoy all summer long.
I have found this recipe works for a few reasons:
- A homemade spice rub hits all the smoky and delicious notes you crave when thinking RIBS.
- Slow cooking the ribs first makes alllll the difference! Talk about fall of the bone tender!
- Slathering on your favourite sauce right at the end and finishing them up on the BBQ or in the oven brings all the crunch and stickiness of the best ribs!
Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Ready to cook!
Delicious homemade spice mix to bring the flavour!
Easy Pork Ribs
- 2 racks pork back ribs, membrane removed
- 1 cup water or beer
- 1/2 Tbsp each; onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt, smoked paprika, cumin
- 1 1/2 cups of your favourite BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's)
- Prepare ribs by removing the membrane from the back of the ribs. Lay ribs flat on your cutting board.
- In a small bowl, stir together the spices listed above.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of the spice mixture to each rack of ribs. Rub in the spices so that they adhere to the ribs. Turn each rack over so you are each side and repeat until all the spices are used and the racks are covered. Set aside.
- To the slow cooker, add in 1 cup of water or beer. Carefully place the ribs in your slow cooker so they stand along the sides, almost making a ring around the outside.
- Cook on LOW for at least 6 hours but no longer than 8. Carefully remove the ribs and discard the juices from the slow cooker.
- Either place ribs on your BBQ and slather with your favourite BBQ sauce, cooking for up to 5 minutes or until crispy. Alternatively, you can line a baking tray with tin foil, place ribs on the prepared tray and slather with BBQ sauce. Preheat oven to LOW broil and cook for up to 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Serve right away with all your other BBQ faves and enjoy!