Grilled Lemon Garlic Pork Chops
Summertime. Lemon. Garlic. Meat. And the grill. That's all you need for a warm weather meal when you want to spend the least amount of time in the kitchen as possible! These Grilled Lemon Garlic Pork Chops fit the bill just right.
These grilled pork chops are so easy to make that they really don't warrant a written recipe although I will give you one. I pour some avocado oil on a platter, add fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper, and fresh chopped garlic … as much garlic as you want! I usually use three to four cloves for just as many pork chops.
Are you wondering why I use avocado oil rather than olive oil? I love olive oil and in the past, used it exclusively, but I'm a bit more choosy now. When I'm grilling, I use avocado oil because of its high smoking point. Why is that important? If an oil goes beyond its smoking point, it starts to disintegrate, lose its nutritional value, and produce toxins. You can find a great article on using different oils HERE.
Coat the pork chops with the marinade and let them set for awhile. "Awhile" sometimes means 30 minutes and sometimes it means 6 hours. Seriously, though, I like to let them marinate a good long time, but if I've neglected to prepare early enough, I don't let it stop me from making dinner!
Crank up the heat and get some pretty grill marks on both sides of the chops. Then turn the heat down a bit, close the lid, and let them cook until they reach about 145°F or still soft to the touch if you are that kind of cook. They won't be quite ready to eat yet, but if you leave them to rest, the residual heat (which is intensified if you are grilling the recommended bone-in chops) will continue to raise the temperature of the meat. By the time you are ready to sit down with fork and knife, they will be perfect! If you have any doubt, please don't think it's beneath you to use a meat thermometer! Better safe than sorry, right?
See what I mean? Luscious Grilled Lemon Garlic Pork Chops!
- Charred Lemon Caper Brussels Sprouts
- Chicken Piccata
- Sauteed Garlic Green Beans
Grilled Lemon Garlic Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops
- ¼ cup of avocado oil
- ½ cup of fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the oil and lemon juice on a large platter and mix together. Sprinkle the garlic over in an even layer.
- Season the chops liberally with salt and pepper, then lay them on the marinade, turn once to coat both sides. Allow to marinate 3-4 hours, if possible, even overnight.
- Heat the grill to high heat and sear the chops on one side, turning a quarter turn after about 5 minutes. Allow to cook another 5-7 minutes, then flip to the other side, repeating the quarter turn after the first 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium if using a gas grill or move the chops away from the coals if using a charcoal grill. Close the lid and cook the chops till they reach 145°F. Don't be afraid to use a thermometer if you don't know how 145° feels!
- Remove to a platter and let them rest while you get the rest of dinner on the table. The residual heat will continue cooking the chops to the point of perfection!
- Bon Appétit!