Instant Pot Meatballs
Instant Pot Meatballs are one of my favorite cocktail meatballs recipes! Try these pineapple meatballs today and see how delicious they are.
I just cannot tell you how much I love my Instant Pot.
It lets me get dinner on the table in no time at all. If you’re new to cooking with a pressure cooker, check out my post on how to use an Instant Pot to get started.
Cooking with a pressure cooker is an easy way to reduce the amount of time it takes to get dinner on the table.
And, the meat you cook comes out so tender and full of flavor.
Instant Pot Meatballs
These cocktail meatballs can be enjoyed with toothpicks as an appetizer or at a cocktail party. Or, you can serve them over rice as an entree.
One of the reasons this Instant Pot meatball recipe is one of my favorites is that it starts with frozen meatballs.
It just doesn’t get any easier than this when you’re short on time.
Equipment needed for this recipe
- Instant Pot with Steamer Basket ( Browse latest models on Amazon here)
How to make Instant Pot meatballs
Place a steamer basket into your instant pot. Add a cup of water to the bottom of your instant pot and pour the meatballs into the steamer basket.
Cover with the lid and cook.
Once they’re cooked move them to a bowl, remove the steamer basket and make sure the insert is in place.
Place the meatballs back into the instant pot and stir in the BBQ sauce.
Turn on Saute mode, add pineapples, and heat.
Once the BBQ sauce and pineapples are heated, you’re done!
Tips for using your Instant Pot
When using the pressure cooker, you need to be sure that you have enough liquid in your pineapple meatballs.
If you don’t, you will get a burn notice from your pressure cooker.
The Instant Pot cooks by making steam. And, in order to have steam, you need to have enough water.
It’s very important that you add the water to the barbecue sauce so it can make steam.
If you want to try another Instant Pot recipe, this delicious Instant Pot Beef Stew is so easy to make that it will quickly become your favorite stew recipe. Find out how to make this easy Instant Pot recipe.
Can I make this on the stove?
I love using my Instant Pot for this recipe, but if you don’t have one, you can use the stove. You will need to bake the meatballs first according to the directions on the package.
After that, simply heat the barbecue sauce and the pineapple chunks in a pan. Then, pour the sauce with pineapples over the meatballs and serve as normal.
It will still be delicious this way. You will just need to get a few more pans dirty.
Instant Pot Meatball variations
- In this cocktail meatball recipe, I used a bottle of honey barbecue sauce. I really like the way that it tastes with the pineapple. You can use a different type. Or, you can make your favorite barbecue sauce recipe.
- You can use whatever type of frozen meatballs you want to. It would work just as well with turkey meatballs. And, if you’re concerned about gluten, they have some that are gluten-free.
What should I serve these on?
These Instant Pot meatballs taste delicious on their own with the pineapple.
But, if you want to serve them on something, you can serve them over rice or even riced cauliflower.
Best side dishes for pineapple meatballs
If you want to serve these as a main course rather than as an appetizer, here are a few suggestions for side dishes to serve with it.
- Brown or white rice
- Steam vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower
- Spinach salad
How to store leftovers
You can store leftover Instant Pot meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will be good for up to three days.
If you want to store them for a longer period, you should freeze them in a freezer container. You can keep them frozen for up to three months. To use them, defrost them overnight in the refrigerator.
When you want to heat them up again, place them in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until they are warmed through.
More meatball recipes
If you enjoyed this Instant Pot Meatballs recipe, why not try one of these.
This recipe for bacon turkey meatballs has all the flavor youâ€™re looking for in a bite-size appetizer. Make meatball subs, pour them over your zoodles, or snack on them during your Super Bowl Sunday party.
Fall is definitely in the air and winter is just around the corner and comfort food is a must-have! Nothing says comfort food to our family more than Baked Ziti with Meatballs and garlic butter Italian breadsticks.
Instant Pot Meatballs
- 1 Package Family size meatballs frozen
- 1 18oz Bottle honey barbecue sauce
- 1 20oz Can pineapple chunks
- 1 cup Water
- Place the steamer basket into the instant pot. Add one cup of water. Place the meatballs into the steamer basket.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to the sealed position. Press the pressure cook or manual button and set the timer to 6 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps. Release the pressure by turning the valve to the open position.
- Move meatballs to a bowl. Remove the steamer basket and drain the liquid.
- With the instant pot insert seated, pour the meatballs into the instant pot. Mix in the barbecue sauce and turn on saute mode on normal heat. Drain the pineapple and pour them into the instant pot. Stir well and heat just until the barbecue sauce and pineapple is warm.
- One package of 96 meatballs can serve 6 for dinner (16 meatballs each) or can serve as many as 32 people (3 meatballs each) as a party appetizer or potluck dish.