1 quart jar
My favorite thing about this pickle recipe (besides of course the fact that they taste like kimchi) is its simplicity.
These guys are refrigerator pickles. The good news about that is you don’t have to process your jars in a water bath. The bad news is you can’t keep them in the pantry. But that’s okay because the small amount of cucumbers we use, will only take up about one quart size jar and trust me they will go fast.
I’ve found the best cucumbers for this recipe are these by Pure Flavor.
You may be asking yourself, why do I need a pickle that tastes like kimchi? Well stay tuned, because the sandwich that we put these bad boys on is a game changer.
Find other great recipes at PontchartrainKitchen.com.
Follow us on Instagram.
- 5 small Kirby style or similar cucumbers cut into 1/4″ thick medallions
- 1 cup of sambal chili paste
- 1/4 cup of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- Combine everything but the cucumbers in a bowl and mix well. If the mixture is too thick add a splash of water.
- Put sliced pickles in half-pint jars or one large jar. Add sauce to jars and shake well.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Let pickles sit at least 4 days in the refrigerator before eating to build flavors.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published January 1st, 2022 6:40 PM
Great recipe. Ok, I give. What kind of sandwich do you put these on, as you stated.