Marinated Mushroom Salad
There are certain dishes that just get better the longer they sit. This Marinated Mushroom Salad is one of those things that the longer it sits, the more incredible it becomes.
With just a handful of ingredients this salad is alive with earthy and herbaceous flavors. It takes only minutes to make, and the best part is there’s no cooking required!
I am always looking of fun and unique ways to entice my family to eat vegetables. I was raised with a fresh green salad on the table every night, and it’s something I’ve tried to pass on. This Marinated Mushroom Salad is a beautiful way to shake up the usual vegetable routine.
There’s something about mushrooms that is so satisfying. They’re meaty and earthy flavor makes them great on their own, but their light texture makes them ideal for taking on whatever flavors you add to the. For this recipe I’m using cremini, or baby bella mushrooms. They’re the immature, young version of portobello mushrooms with makes them flavorful on their own.
Sweet and tangy balsamic adds brightness to the dish, while olive oil adds its own pop of fruitiness. For a fresh note, I add parsley, its grassy flavor making everything come alive.
This dish is so versatile in the way you plan on serving it. It’s at home at a family backyard barbeque, a fresh addition to steak night, and brings so much flavor to your Sunday roast dinners. It’s even a great make ahead for meal prepping since it only gets better and better.
Easy as 1-2-3 Marinated Mushroom Salad
There is no need to heat up the kitchen with this fresh and vibrant recipe. Just get out your cutting board and favorite serving bowl, and let’s break it down.
- Make sure your mushrooms are clean and dry. Trim the ends and slice them.
- Mince 2-3 garlic cloves.
- Fresh is best! Chop up your parsley.
- I like a pop of heat to bring a little something. Chili flakes are optional but add another layer of flavor.
- Mix together the ingredients for your dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the mushrooms and mix to combine.
- All the mushrooms to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Are you looking for more easy sides? Make sure you check out my recipe for Cheesy Baked Spaghetti Squash.
Marinated Mushroom Salad
- ▢ 2 lbs cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ▢ 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ▢ 1 tsp salt
- ▢ 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ▢ 1/4 cup olive oil
- ▢ 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ▢ pinch chili flakes
- ▢ 1/4 tsp black pepper
- ▢ Add the sliced mushrooms and parsley to a bowl.
- ▢ Whisk together the remaining ingredients for the dressing.
- ▢ Pour the dressing over the top of the mushrooms and toss to evenly coat and combine.
- ▢ Allow the salad to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- ▢ Bon appetite!