Air Fryer Chilean Sea Bass Recipe
You will also love my Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos and find more dinner ideas at http://happyhoneykitchen.com/
Cooking this Chilean Sea Bass recipe is a special treat in our home. This recipe for Chilean Sea Bass is cooked in the air fryer and showcases the rich, buttery flavor of the fish. I love air fryer recipes because they are simple and quick to make and require little clean up.
If you want to try blackened sea bass, coat the fish in my Homemade Blackened Seasoning Recipe and then cook the fish as directed in the recipe below.
This is the best Chilean sea bass recipe because it’s easy to make and requires few ingredients to bring out the delicious flavor of the fish.
- Chilean Sea Bass – also known as Antarctic toothfish. It is a white and flaky fish. How does sea bass taste? The flavor of sea bass is rich and buttery with a silky texture when cooked properly.
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon wedges (optional)
What to serve with Chilean Sea Bass?
A Chilean sea bass dinner wouldn’t be complete without a side dish. I love to serve Chilean sea bass fillets with a side of roasted vegetables and rice. This Roasted Carrots and Mushrooms recipe would be a delicious option and a beautiful presentation.
How to Cook Chilean Sea Bass
There are many Chilean sea bass recipes and ways to cook this fish. Baked sea bass in foil is one way that I like to cook this fish. Covering the fish in foil in the oven will create a steaming effect and keep all those juicy flavors inside the fish. Pan seared sea bass is another technique for cooking this fish and will create a crispy crust on the flesh and skin. You can also air fry Chilean sea bass (exact directions on how to use this cooking technique are below in the recipe card).
No matter what cooking technique I use to cook this fish, I always make a butter sauce. To make the butter sauce, microwave butter and minced garlic in a bowl for about 30 seconds until butter has fully melted. Brush the garlic butter sauce over the seasoned fish.
How long to cook sea bass in air fryer?
Chilean sea bass is a thick fish and cook time will depend on the specific thickness of your fish. This recipe calls for the air fryer to be preheated and then cook the fish at 350°F for 10 minutes. Spray the air fryer basket with an olive oil spray before adding the fish fillet so the skin doesn’t stick to the bottom. Cook Chilean sea bass to an internal temperature of 145°F.
Why is Chilean Sea Bass so expensive?
This fish is more expensive than your average seafood because the fisheries are located in open seas, far from shore. It is a deep water fish found near Antarctica. This reflects in the Chilean sea bass price which is about $30 per pound. Although it is a more expensive fish, I believe the flavor and texture is worth the cost on special occasions.
You can buy Chilean sea bass fillets at the seafood counter of most grocery stores or in the frozen seafood section. If you buy sea bass frozen, it is best to thaw it before cooking. Thawing frozen fish before cooking will ensure that it cooks evenly. If you have time to thaw the fish slowly, put it in the refrigerator the night before. If you need to defrost fish quickly, put it in a colander in the sink and run cold water over it for a few minutes.
More Seafood Recipes to Try:
- Blackened Salmon Bowl with Creamy Jalapeño Salsa
- Sherry Cream Sauce for Lobster Ravioli
Air Fryer Chilean Sea Bass Recipe
- 1 pound Chilean sea bass 2-3 fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- olive oil spray
- Press the 'preheat' button on the air fryer.
- Generously salt and pepper all sides of the fish fillets.
- Add minced garlic and butter cubes to a small bowl. Heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds until the butter is melted. Generously brush the garlic butter sauce over the fillets.
- When the air fryer has preheated, spray the air fryer basket with an olive oil spray so the fillets don't stick to the bottom. Add the fillets to air fryer basket. Press the 'fish' setting. Cook the fish fillets at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Chilean sea bass is a thick fish and cook time will depend on the specific thickness of your fish. Cook Chilean sea bass to an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Cook in two batches if the fillets are too big.
- If you can’t find Chilean sea bass, cod would be a good substitute.
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!