This is a simple and heart warming meal with everything cooked in one pot and doesn’t take too long.
Put a tbsp oil in a good size pan and add the chopped onion and brown until softened.
Add the chicken thighs and brown. Turn them over to brown the other side.
Add a sprinkle of mixed herbs over the chicken.
Add some sliced carrots.
Add some peeled, chopped potatoes and give it a good stir.
Add in a chicken stock.
Pour in boiling water so everything is just covered & cook for 30 mins with a lid on.
Carefully Pour as much of the liquid out into a jug as you can.
Add 4 tbsp of chicken gravy granules and mix. They won’t thicken until back in the pot and boiling.
Add back to the pot and mix.
Let this simmer for 10 minutes and the gravy will thicken.
Once ready grab a bowl and tuck in. We like to eat ours with some crusty bread but can also have it with mash potato.
- 8-10 skinless & boneless chicken thighs
- tbsp oil
- an onion chopped
- 4 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and chopped into about 6 pieces each one.
- 1 chicken stock mixed with some boiling water
- Sprinkle mixed herbs
- 4 tbsp chicken gravy granules
- Pour a tbsp of oil in a large pan and add the chopped onion and brown until softened.
- mAdd the chicken thighs and brown and turn over to brown the other side.
- sprinkle some mixed herbs over the chicken.
- Add the sliced carrots and potatoes and give a stir.
- add the chicken stock then top it up with boiling water til all the ingredients are just covered.
- put the lid on and cook for 30minutes.
- carefully pour out as much liquid into a jug. Add the gravy granules and stir.
- pour this back into the pot and simmer for 10 minutes the gravy will thicken as it’s simmering.
- serve with crusty bread or mash potato.
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!