Ham and Cheese Galette
This Ham and Cheese Galette can be anything. If you need a dinner, this is it. What about breakfast or brunch? That too. Or even a higher protein snack, this works also. Keep reading to find out more about this simple dish!
If you want more galette options, let me suggest a few I love. This savory artichoke and spinach galette is a really great option. Or if you are a potato lover like me, this potato galette is also a good choice. Tomato and goat cheese galettes are one of my favorite in the summertime. Or maybe you like sweet? These rustic and blueberry galettes are so good!
What Makes This Recipe Work?
There is something so delicious about that flaky pie crust enclosing the salty ham and cheese. All of this over a thin layered of mustard. I promise this works.
This galette is incredibly simple to make. If you have never made a galette before, you will be surprised at just how easy it is! This one is especially easy to make. I made my own pie dough, but if you want to simplify this even more, buy your pie dough!
I like to use this for meal prep as well. It isn't as perfectly flaky when you reheat, but it is still really good! Make this ahead of time and you have breakfast the next day.
- Pie dough- I made mine homemade. If you are interested in learning how, check out this post I wrote all about pie dough making. If you want to keep is simple, buy the pie dough, no judgment.
- Ham- I bought ham pieces. It is a shortcut I recommend!
- Mustard- I used dijon, but you can also use yellow mustard or stoneground. If mustard is not your thing, you can always leave it out.
- Cheese- I used a medium cheddar, this is what my family likes. If you want to branch out, gruyere or gouda.
- Broccoli- You don't have to add this in, but I always try to add in vegetables wherever I can.
Ham and Cheese Galette
- 1 pie dough
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Egg Wash- optional
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 385 degrees. Roll out the pie dough on a floured surface to a 14-inch round.
- Place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread the mustard in the middle of the circle, leaving 2-inches all the way around.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese. Next top with the ham and broccoli, then the last of the cheese. Fold over the edges.
- If you are using an egg wash, mix the egg and milk together. Brush it over the edges.
- Place in the preheated oven. Bake until it is golden brown. Mine took about 20 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven. You can serve it hot, warm, or even cooled.
- Wrap up whatever you haven't eaten and store it in the fridge for up to a week.