Icebox Banana Cream Pie
Summer time is icebox pies and cake time here in our household. It has been so hot and humid here in Michigan the last few weeks. So I have been trying to find treats to make that I do not have to use the oven for. This pie is not too banana flavored it uses the vanilla pudding mix. You can use banana flavored pudding, but here we are not fans of the taste. We like just a hint of the banana. You put the banana slices in a double layer in this pie so your not missing the flavor, it is just not overpowering. i use vanilla wafers for the crust instead of graham crackers. It is a little like the banana pudding recipe I make which makes everyone happy here. I hope you enjoy it if you try making it.
I top it with a dollop of whipping cream.
The filling ingredients.
Mix your pudding and other ingredients except whipped tooping.
Mix your crust ingredients and refrigerate until you have the topping done.
Add your first layer of bananas. And then add half of your pudding mixture on top. Then add another layer of bananas and pour the rest of the pudding mixture on top.
Smooth top and add some extra vanilla wafer crumbs.
Add a dollop of whipped cream to the top when serving. Or you can spread the rest of the whipped topping on top of the pie and serve.
Icebox Banana Cream Pie
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 Cups crushed Vanilla Wafers
- 4 T melted Butter
- 2 T sugar
For the Pudding Mixture
- 1 Large box of Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 16 Ounces of Whipping Cream
- 1 14 ounce can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 C Milk
- 4 Bananas sliced
- Mix all crust ingredients together and press in a pie pan.
- Using your hands push crust mixture up the sides of the pan.
- Place the crust into the refrigerator while you make the rest of the pie.
- In a mixing bowl mix or whisk all ingredients together except whipped topping.
- After that is all mixed completely together add 8 ounces or half of the 16 ounce tub of the whipped topping and fold into the pudding mixture.
- To the crust add one layer of bananas.
- Add half of the pudding mixture over the layer of bananas.
- Add another layer of bananas on top of the last layer.
- Add the rest of the pudding mixture on top of second layer of bananas.
- Smooth the top.
- Serve with a scoop of whipped topping.
- You can easily switch out the vanilla pudding for banana pudding.