Ultimate Mother’s Day Asparagus Tart
Mother’s Day is upon us and what better way to celebrate the strong, amazing women in our lives than with brunch? This Ultimate Mother’s Day Asparagus Tart is an easy and elegant way to bring the family together and let mom know how much she is loved.
Brunch is the perfect way to bring family and friends together and what better time to create a beautiful brunch than Mother’s Day? Give the mom’s a day off and with a few simple ingredients, serve up this luxurious creation.
Easy and Elegant
Chill the bubbly and send out the invite. The Ultimate Mother’s Day Asparagus Tart takes a handful of fresh ingredients and pantry staples for a gorgeous brunch feast.
Family time is truly what makes life special. I love creating easy and elegant recipes that are a celebration unto themselves but allow me to enjoy being with my husband and children. This gorgeous tart allows me to get out of the kitchen and enjoy quality time with those I cherish most.
Puff pastry is one of my favorite things to stock. The ready to go flaky and buttery dough allows me to create decadent desserts or savory dishes with minimal effort. It makes the perfect crust for this savory tart.
Bringing the creamy rich flavor swiped across the crust is a pesto mascarpone cream. You can take the help of the grocery store or use your favorite store-bought brand. Parmesan cheese adds that irresistible salty, nutty bite that pairs so well with asparagus.
Asparagus is in prime season for Mother’s Day. This verdant and bright vegetable is at seasons peak right now. What better ingredient to make center stage for this tart? The distinctive, piquant accent of prosciutto not only caps off the flavors, but makes this dish a standout, photo worthy, moment to remember. Why give mom roses when you can give her prosciutto roses?
Rolling Into Ultimate Mother’s Day Asparagus Tart
There’s no need to spend all day in the kitchen with this effortless tart. Plan the cocktails, pick up the flowers, and let’s make mom feel like she’s the super star that she is.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together your mascarpone, pesto, parmesan, egg, and salt and pepper.
- Roll out your puff pastry until it’s an even thickness.
- With a sharp knife score a 1″ boarder around the perimeter of the puff pastry.
- Use a fork to poke holes in the inside of the perimeter. This will prevent the inside from puffing with the filling.
- Spread the pesto-cheese mixture all around the interior.
- Arrange the asparagus and prosciutto roses as shown in the photo.
- Spray with olive oil spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Are you looking for more puff pastry inspiration? Make sure you check out my recipe for Mascarpone Lemon Raspberry Tart.
Ultimate Mother’s Day Asparagus Tart
- ▢ 1 puff pastry sheet, defrosted
- ▢ 4 oz prosciutto
- ▢ fresh basil
- ▢ olive oil spray
- ▢ 1 bunch asparagus trimmed
- ▢ 1 cup mascarpone cheese, room temp
- ▢ 1 egg
- ▢ 1 tsp salt
- ▢ 1/2 tsp black pepper
- ▢ 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ▢ 1 tbsp pesto
- ▢ Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- ▢ In a medium sized bowl mix together the mascarpone, pesto, parmesan cheese, egg, and salt and pepper.
- ▢ Roll out the puff pastry until it's an even thickness.
- ▢ With a sharp knife, score a 1" boarder around the puff pastry. This will be the boarder crust.
- ▢ Use a fork to poke holes all inside the boarder. This will prevent the pastry from puffing too much where the filling is.
- ▢ Spread teh cheese mixture inside the boarder.
- ▢ Arrange the asparagus and prosciutto on top of the mascarpone mixture.
- ▢ Spray with olive oil spray.
- ▢ Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.