Kanda (onion) Poha
In Maharashtra, India, Poha is a staple breakfast. it has a famous and unique name and known as "Kanda Poha"
Poha is a delicious and light breakfast recipe which is very popular in India.
What is Poha?
Poha is basically rice flakes that have been parboiled, rolled, and flattened. In English, poha is called flattened rice or beaten rice.
Poha is quite easy to cook and can also be a light, delicious, and nutritious mid-afternoon snack. It can be used to make both sweet and savory recipes.
It is a great way to make your regular poha in a different way. Pomegranate kernels added to the poha adds freshness and nutrition.
Serve Poha(Flattened rice) with Masala Chai for your breakfast. I bet you will love it !
look at the beauty !
try out ! you will love it
Kanda (onion) Poha
- 1/2 cup Poha (Flattened rice)
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Raw Peanuts
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 7-8 Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- Salt , to taste
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Finely choppedCoriander Leaves
- 1/4 cup Fresh Pomegranate Fruit Kernels
- First, Wash poha 3 times, drain the water completely and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add mustard seeds and once they start to splutter add peanuts and saute them for a minute until peanuts start to brown.
- Once done add onions, green chilies and curry leaves and cook it until the onions turns a little brown.
- Add sugar and salt to the poha and mix it properly.
- Next add turmeric powder, red chilli Powder and saute it for few seconds.
- Add the poha and mix everything well. Cover the Kadai with a lid and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes turn off the heat and garnish the poha with chopped coriander leaves
- Sprinkle pomegranates and enjoy!
- Tip - Serve Poha with Masala Chai for your breakfast.
- DO NOT over wash poha, be gentle. 2-3 Times are fine.