Greek Penne Pasta
I've never met a pasta dish I didn't like... I try to incorporate different flavors and textures when making pasta dishes.
This Greek Penn Pasta recipe is one of those dishes that is perfect for a family dinner, prepped ahead and separate out for lunches, and great as a side dish for a barbecue or any large gathering. If can be enjoy hot, at room temperature or even cold. I mean this one hits all the right notes.
It is chockfull of Mediterranean flavors and has crunch from red bell peppers and a salty bit from the kalamata olives and feta crumbles. You can taste the lemon and herbs in the dressing. It's just an all around great recipe. And if you are in need of a side dish or a main dish that is going to be out for a few hours or in the sun, this is perfect because there are not spoiling ingredients in this one!
Try it out for your next get together!
Greek Penne Pasta
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb Penne pasta
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 hothouse cucumber, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 crumbled feta cheese
- In a large stock pot, bring water to a boil. Salt the water and cook the pasta to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl make the dressing on the bottom. Start by adding the lemon juice and white wine vinegar. Add in the dried oregano and parsley, salt and pepper. Then using a microplane, grate in the large clove of garlic. Whisk all the ingredients together and then slowly stream in the olive oil while continuously whisking until the dressing emulsifies.
- Add to the mixing bowl, the diced red bell pepper, cucumber, red onion and kalamata olives.
- Drain the pasta and add to the mixing bowl. Toss all the ingredients together well. Let cool for about 10 minutes before adding in the crumbled feta.
- NOTE: If you need a little more "juice" you can drizzle an extra tablespoon of olive oil into the pasta salad and mix it in.