Greek Pasta Salad
Who doesn't love a classic pasta salad? I love this twist on a summer time favourite! It's super easy to prepare, makes A LOT (so it easily feeds a crowd) and keeps well in the fridge so it's perfect to make ahead. This recipe is the perfect compliment to your next back yard BBQ and pairs nicely with any grilled protein. I love adding in a bunch of fresh vegetables for added colour and crunch. To serve, top with additional crumbled feta, chopped dill and the juice from a lemon to really bring it all together. Doesn't this sound delish?!
Simple. Easy. Delicious!
The best Greek Pasta Salad
Fresh ingredients come together for this perfect BBQ side dish!
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 box of your favourite pasta (I like elbows or penne)
- 1 - 450 gram bottle Italian dressing
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Start by cooking your pasta as per the instructions on the box. Once al dente, strain and add into large mixing bowl. Pour 1/2 of the Italian dressing over the hot pasta and stir to mix together. Cover with plastic wrap and let cool in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Once the pasta has cooled down, add in diced cucumber, bell pepper, red onion and tomatoes. Mix well.
- Drizzle over another 1/4 of the Italian dressing. Give everything a big stir! If your pasta salad is looking a bit dry, continue to add the remaining 1/4 of the dressing until you reach your desired amount. Let pasta salad chill for at least an hour before serving.
- To serve, top with black olives, feta, dill and fresh lemon juice. Toss together and serve chilled. Enjoy!