Easy Vegan Greek Salad
This vegan Greek salad is bursting with all the classic Greek flavors that you love like kalamata olives, tomatoes, olive oil, fresh herbs, and vegan feta! It's perfect for a picnic, potluck, or meal prepping lunches!
🧾 Ingredients and substitutions
- Pasta - Any shape or size of vegan pasta will work. I like to use pasta with twists in it to hold the flavors in. It also works well with Orzo pasta.
- Tomatoes - Cherry tomatoes work best. Any tomatoes will work, just make sure they are ripe. The fresher the tomatoes the better your salad will taste.
- Olives - Kalamata olives will give the most authentic Greek taste, but any will work.
- Vegan Feta - for a true Greek taste. Violife brand makes great vegan feta if you want to buy some, or it's super easy to make your own vegan feta made from tofu. You can also use my homemade vegan Halloumi cheese instead.
- Parsley - or other fresh herbs of choice. The fresh herbs really make this salad great, so don't omit this!
- Olive Oil - a good quality virgin olive oil gives it a great flavor.
- Salt - for flavor.
- Dried Oregano - for flavor. (You can use an Italian herb blend if you don't have oregano.)
- Artichoke Hearts - Marinated artichoke hearts add a ton of flavor and texture.
- Cucumber - is a great addition if you are serving this cold.
- Spinach - is a great addition if you are serving it hot, it will get a little wilted when you toss it with hot pasta.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and toss them in a bowl with some Kalamata olives, vegan feta cheese, fresh herbs, and olive oil. (You can also add artichoke hearts, spinach, or cucumber at this time if you choose).
- Next, toss in 16 oz. of cooked, drained, and rinsed pasta.
- Mix it all up and serve either hot or put in the fridge to serve cold later.
It's really that easy!
❔ How to serve
It's really up to you if you want it hot or cold. I usually serve it hot in the winter and cold in the summer or when I use it for meal prepping lunches. (It keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days and works well for picnics or packed lunches too!)
🍞 Gluten free instructions
I've tried a lot of different types of gluten-free pasta for pasta salads. I've found that the brands made with quinoa and brown rice taste best in cold pasta salads. However, It dries out a little more than wheat pasta once it sits for a while, so I add 2 tbsp of water to my gluten-free pasta salads to account for this.
🌟Tips for gluten-free pasta salads
- Make sure to boil your pasta in plenty of water (about 2 cups more than you would use for wheat pasta).
- Salt the cooking water to give the pasta more flavor!
- Rinse the cooked pasta well to get off all of the excess starch. (A big cullender helps to toss the pasta around and rinse it well).
If you love Greek food, try my easy vegan spanakopita recipe too!
📌 Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for new vegan recipes!
*This recipe was originally published on June 8, 2019. It was updated on June 28, 2020, to include new images and more detailed recipe instructions.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Leave a comment and starred review! I would love to hear from you!
Easy Vegan Greek Salad
- 1 16 oz. pasta cooked to package directions
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 12 oz. jar Kalamata olives with liquid or 1 cup olives plus 1/4 -1/2 cup liquid
- 1 package vegan feta cheese or homemade tofu feta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped or other fresh herbs of choice
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts (optional) (You can also add a few tbsp of the liquid that it marinates in.)
- 1 cup diced cucumber (optional)
- Heat a large pot of water with a tsp. of salt to boil the pasta, and cook your pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, slice cherry tomatoes in half and toss them in a bowl with some Kalamata olives, vegan feta cheese, herbs, and olive oil. (You can also add artichoke hearts, spinach, or cucumber at this time if you choose).
- When the pasta is done, drain and rinse well with cold water, then toss the pasta in with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Serve it hot or put it in the fridge to serve cold later.