Creamy Chicken Pasta
We've been having some lovely fall days that are cool during the nights, with bright sun, 50 degree days and the crackle of fallen leaves under our feet.
We moved into a new home in June, and we've been working really hard this last month to get our new garden cleared of trees, fenced with an 8 foot tall deer fence, and the soil prepared. Of course this is between all the normal activities of life, working, having a preschooler, and distance learning with our first grader. It has been a busy month!
That is why I love fast and easy recipes like this delicious Creamy Chicken Pasta! This supper comes together quickly, and is easily adaptable to various leftovers and or/foods you might like.
Delicious creamy Chicken Pasta!
Pasta - everyone's favorite!
A delicious, easy and creamy sauce.
Stirring together the pasta.
Delicious Creamy Chicken Pasta!
Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 6 ounces spiral pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 5 or 6 slices bacon , diced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pasta cooking water
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
- seasoned salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- extra parmesan, if desired
- minced fresh parsley, if desired
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook as package directs for al dente. Remove the pasta cooking water and set aside. Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crispy, remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Season chicken on both sides, cook in bacon fat, 2 or 3 minutes each side. Keep about 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat in pan and add butter.
- Dice the chicken when cool enough to handle.
- Add onion and sauté for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add fresh minced garlic and sauté for another two minutes or until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add cream, 1/2 cup pasta water, and parmesan cheese. Stir and simmer for a few minutes or until the sauce reduces slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper and add lemon juice.
- Add pasta and toss gently in sauce for a minute or so. The sauce will thicken and coat the pasta. If the sauce gets too thick, add a little more cooking water.
- Add diced chicken and bacon and stir together.
- Garnish with extra parmesan cheese and fresh minced parsley if desired!
- Adding extra parmesan cheese to the top is an optional but delicious step!
Made a few tweaks by using prosciutto in place of bacon and added some frozen peas and sun dried tomatoes at the end. I reserved the crispy prosciutto and added it to the plate rather than incorporating it to keep it crisp. My family loved it, asked for the recipe, and my 10 year old granddaughter asked to have it for breakfast the next morning! Delicious recipe! Thanks for sharing.