Spicy & Creamy Chicken Spaghetti for weeknight dinner! This quick recipe can be totally customized to your family’s needs. You can make it hot & spicy or leave the chilies out for a kid friendly version. You can even add more cheese & make it more like Mac & Cheese consistency. For vegetarian option, you can add plant based Cajun andouille sausage to it. I have made it in all variations & my family has totally loved it. Do share your feedback & Enjoy! recipe card attached.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut chicken into small size pieces.
- In a pan melt butter over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onions & celery. Don’t let it brown.
- Add cubed chicken, garlic & onion powder. Cover & cook over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add diced tomatoes with green chilies. Reduce the heat to low, and cook for another 5 mins. Add heavy cream & mix well. Add cheese blend & cook until cheese is melted
- Stir in cooked spaghetti. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for another few minutes to coat the spaghetti with the sauce.
- For vegetarian option, you can add plant based Cajun andouille sausage to it.
Published May 15th, 2021 10:16 PM