I really love gnocchi and this is definitely my new favorite way to make it. It is simple and quick but it is so delicious. It has the best flavor combinations! Garlic, sundried tomatoes, mozzarella, parmesan, basil, and more. For the chicken sausage, I used the caprese version of Gilbert’s craft sausage, which complimented the dish perfectly. You could also use a different flavor or just a plain one. Feel free to add in extra sausage and cheese to make it even heartier. Plus, it’s extra delicious the next day because those flavors really have time to soak together overnight!
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Splash of dry white wine (optional)
- 1 chicken sausage, chopped
- 2 Tbsp sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 16 oz package of gnocchi
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the garlic until lightly toasted.
- Then add in the wine to deglaze the pan.
- Add the chicken sausage, sundried tomatoes, spinach, heavy cream, milk, cornstarch, parmesan, mozzarella, Italian seasoning, and basil.
- Let simmer while you make the gnocchi according to the directions on the package.
- Once the gnocchi is done, add it into the sauce.
- Stir to coat and top with some extra parm!