A perfect bowl of Oatmeal cooked with healthy blueberries , topped with almonds and brown sugar for a great bite!
Blueberry & Almond Oatmeal
Some of us are night owls, while the rest of us are early birds. So whether you wake up early in the morning or a little late in the day, oatmeal is always a good way to start your day. Ask me why? It keeps you full with energy to last your morning, gives you that energized boost to get going! It’s so versatile; you can customize it with flavors and toppings of your choice.
After a morning workout session or a yoga session, I love to have a bowl of oatmeal. It makes me feel very energized and ramps up my energy back on track. Mentally, I feel good eating oats, as I’m doing good for my body too!
Benefits of Oats:
- Fiber: Oats contain a good amount of fiber, which helps in easy digestion and bowel moments. It also helps with stabilizing Blood Sugar levels and Cholesterol.
- Vitamins & Minerals: It contains a good amount of vitamins and minerals needed for your body, such as Phosphorous, Manganese, Iron, Zinc, and much more!
- Weight Control: Oats can keep you full for a long time, hence not needing to get an extra bite here and there.
- Milk Booster for Lactating moms: Oatmeal is a great option to boost the milk supply for lactating moms! I have tried it personally with both my babies, and it worked to pump up my milk supply!
- Great for feeding Babies: Grounded oats cooked in a porridge consistency are a great way to start solids for babies 6 months and above. Helps them with smooth digestion & bowel moments.
- Gluten-Free: Naturally gluten-free whole grain, a great option for GF eaters.
This breakfast bowl is loaded with antioxidants, firstly from the oats themselves, secondly from the blueberries. As a popularly known fact, Blueberries are an antioxidant superfood and also help with boosting your immunity. Here at home, my family likes when I prepare oats with milk rather than water. It just gives an extra creaminess to the oatmeal. But, of course, you can always prepare with half water and half milk, or even just water.
I love adding brown sugar to oatmeal rather than white granulated sugar. It adds that deep caramel flavor to the oatmeal. Make it a healthy version by adding a variety of fruits and nuts.
If you have tried this recipe and enjoyed it, do leave a comment and rate! It helps me reach a further audience! Don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram using the hashtag .
Blueberry & Almond Oatmeal
- 2 cup Whole milk , or milk of your choice check notes
- 3/4 cup Old fashioned Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Almonds , blanched and sliced any nuts of your choice
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- In a saucepan, add the milk and let it simmer on medium heat till it bubbles slightly on the sides.
- Add in the oats and blueberries, and almonds. Stir well on low heat. Once it starts to simmer and thicken up, turn off the heat. Move it to a bowl and sprinkle brown sugar on top. Serve warm!
- Milk: You can use your choices of milk, such as almond milk, soy milk, or dairy-free milk. Also can substitute with half milk and half water if you prefer.
- Oats: I have used instant oats here because that’s what I had at home. But a better option would be Rolled Oats for better nutrition as it is less processed.
- Fruits: Explore with berries and peaches, bananas. The scope is endless!