Make this easy and delicious vegetable frittata your next to cook meal and thanks me afterward! If you are sick of your usual rice or pasta meal and want to try something different, perhaps this frittata recipe might be what you are looking for!
Frittata is one of the popular food on the brunch’s menu. It is so versatile that you can pretty much add any ingredients as long as you have some eggs on hand, which likely for most of us! This make it a great meal to enjoy anytime of the day, have it for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner whenever you want.
Making frittata is so convenient that you don’t need to pay an unnecessary trip to a shop as most ingredients fit well. Perhaps, it might be the best time to clear your fridge by using up the leftover vegetables. In this recipe, I’m using silverbeet, zucchini with capsicum. You can use any seasonal vegetables that are available or simply follow my version.
* If you have young children and they would like to share the meal, you can exclude the salt to make it a perfect BLW meal. Cut them in finger food size once it cool down.
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped silverbeet
- 1 large zuchinni, diced
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, diced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C, lay a baking sheet on the baking pan.
- Wash and clean all the vegetables and cut accordingly. Heat up oil in a pan, add silverbeet, zucchini and capsicum then saute for a quick minute. Add all purpose flour, 1 tsp of cumin powder, salt and pepper and stir well. Cook for another minute until vegetables are slightly soft. Turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk in eggs and milk. Transfer vegetable mixture into the baking pan and pour in egg mixture. Stir gently and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C for 30 minutes. Check after 20 minutes, if the top is browning too fast, cover with foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let’s sit for 5-10 minutes before serve.