Easy and quick way to get more veg in your children!
This is anothe of my children's lunchbox staples as it's so nutritious, quick and delicious that I know I can't go wrong with it. Even my broccoli-hating husband will eat this, which for me is a great win!
It’s ready by the time the pasta has boiled and it’s a super versatile recipe. You can swap out the broccoli with any other vegetable, like courgette, peppers, aubergine, peas, etc. You can also have fun experimenting with different nuts combinations. Let me know if you find any other good ones!!!
- 3 cups dry pasta (in the shape that you prefer)
- 1 broccoli head
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 tbsp Ground almonds
- 1 tbsp Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, cook the broccoli head cut up into small florets with a little bit of oil and some water.
- Blend it with a stick blender with some cream cheese, ground almonds and Parmesan cheese (or vegetarian alternative).
- Adjust with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet’s directions. Once ready, drain, mix it all together and serve.