Roasted Corn Salsa
Before you know you are going to be seeing loads of fresh husked corn in your local grocery stores. As we turn our thoughts and cravings to Spring and Summer food fare, corn is definitely on the top of my list.
I happen to be one of those people that loves the sweet taste and crisp bite of fresh corn but I hate getting it stuck in may teeth. I am always the one at the dinner table with the knife taking my corn off the cob. So any recipe I can make with corn off the cob is my jam! I made this roasted salsa one night and it has become one of the favorite summer sides at barbecues and family weeknight dinners alike.
This is a great side for a picnic or barbecue because there is no dairy in it. Just fresh lime juice, a little olive oil and of course some salt and pepper! So feel free to keep it out for a while people pick and graze with no worrying of spoilage. Cheers to Summer!
Roasted Corn Salsa
- 4 ears of corn, husked and silk removed
- 1/2 hothouse cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 2 tbsp for roasting
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a sheet pan, lay out the ears of corn and sprinkle each of them with the kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle olive oil over each and roll them on the sheet pan to help pick up an excess seasoning that is around them. Place the sheet pan in the oven and roast the corn for about 25-30 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes, until you start to see the kernels become golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, chop both the hothouse cucumber and the red bell pepper and set aside. In the bottom of a medium mixing bowl, zest and juice the lime and add the kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Whisk together and drizzle in the 1/4 cup of olive oil until all ingredients are combined.
- With a knife, scrap off the roasted corn kernels from the cobs and place all the corn in the mixing bowl with the lime dressing. Add in the cucumber and red bell pepper and toss to combine well.
- This can be refrigerated and served chilled or at room temperature.
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!