Ube Panna Cotta
4 hr 15 min
If you need a simple and elegant dessert, then give this ube panna cotta recipe a go. It requires very little preparation, but will need to set in the fridge ideally overnight.
Ube is a purple yam native to the Phillipines. It has a slightly sweet, earthy flavour and pairs well with coconut, hence the use of coconut milk and addition of coconut flakes here.
You can use ramekins and turn this dessert out onto a plate, or you can use serving glasses to make the dessert fancy. Instead of coconut flakes, you could also top this dessert off with some fruit like mangoes or berries.
Ube Panna Cotta
- 2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 270g heavy cream
- 60g white sugar
- 2 tsp ube extract
- 450g coconut milk
- Toasted coconut flakes (optional)
- Prepare 6 ramekins, or serving glasses.
- In a small bowl, add gelatin powder to cold water and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and sugar into a pot over medium heat and stir continuously
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add the gelatin mixture and continue to cook for one minute.
- Remove the mixture from heat and then stir in ube extract and coconut milk.
- Once fully combined, pour your mixture into serving glasses or ramekins.
- Allow to cool down, then place in fridge for at least 4 hours (ideally overnight) until set.
- To serve, you could leave the panna cotta in the ramekin/serving glasses. If you want to remove from the ramekin, place the ramekin in hot water for about 5 seconds, then turn out onto a plate. Top with toasted coconut flakes (optional).
Published February 20th, 2023 3:54 AM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!