Homemade Chocolate Orange Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade chocolate orange ice cream recipe is an easy and delicious dessert that you can make in batches and store in your freezer all summer long! Chocolate ice cream is already a popular favorite, but add orange to the mix and this ice cream is sinfully delicious. All you need for this easy homemade ice cream recipe are a few simple ingredients and an ice cream machine.
Orange Chocolate Ice Cream recipe is a cross between organic chocolate ice cream recipe and Terry's Chocolate Ice Cream recipe combined with dark chocolate orange ice cream that makes a sinfully delicious, but easy homemade ice cream recipe. You can also try my Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake recipe and pair it with my Grapefruit Cold Brew Iced Coffee recipe. These recipes will sure you celebrate Spring on the right foot!
🍊 Homemade Chocolate Orange Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Chocolate Orange Ice Cream is the perfect activity to make with the family! Have you ever made homemade ice cream before? It’s a ton of fun and not nearly as hard as one would think.
There once was a fabulous little ice cream shack and it is deeply tragic that it has since closed down, however, some of the best entrepreneurs are usually able to find a way to rebuild and I faithfully believe that the people who ran this ice cream brand will find another way to rebuild if they haven’t already.
Chocolate orange ice cream is considered a delicacy in Italy, but did you know that it is actually easy to make it at home? My homemade ice recipe is similar in consistency to gelato and has a rich, dark chocolate finish.
of Fitty Foodlicious' Ebook Recipes that Anyone Can Make
🍊 Chocolate Is The Cure For Almost Everything
Imagine sitting in a villa with beautiful cypress trees surrounding you like in Tuscany. For some reason I have been fantasizing about Tuscany a lot lately, talking about needing to take a vacation.
Chocolate orange ice cream will soothe your stress and send your worries away.
You can spend this weekend sitting outside with your family enjoying this delicious Italian delicacy. Chocolate orange ice cream will be the hit at the dessert table!
Homemade chocolate orange ice cream is so good that I would compare it to eating gelato on a beautiful sunny day in Italy. I’ve never actually been to Italy, but I have eaten a lot of gelatos, and ice cream has my heart.
Grab This Delectable Chocolate Orange Loaf Recipe
Although my favorite ice cream store has since closed down, I was able to re-create this delicious recipe from scratch.
I took some ideas from this famous ice cream place and I put my own spin on it. However, I would like to make a note that chocolate orange ice cream has been around for years and it is by far my all-time favorite ice cream flavor.
🍊 I Scream, You Scream, We Love Ice Cream 🍫
Do you love ice cream? I absolutely adore ice cream! I cannot believe that I missed national ice cream day last week. Who even am I?
If you follow me on Instagram, then you know how much I adore ice cream. In fact, on my stories this week, I made a delicious Affogato featuring my homemade chocolate orange ice cream.
I love adding ice cream to cold-brew coffee, or you could add a shot of espresso and you’ve got yourself the perfect summer drink!
With a soothing taste and a delicious refreshing citrusy scent, this ice cream will send you straight into the last month of summer. This ice cream is also delicious at any time of the year and can easily be adapted for all of the upcoming holidays.
Wouldn’t it be nice to head to the beach, bring a frozen cooler in hand, and imagine sitting out on a warm beautiful plaid blanket enjoying homemade chocolate orange ice cream with your loved ones?
Imagine sitting out with your family and enjoying a lovely mini getaway at the beach. I know that is something I really want to do right now.
Homemade chocolate ice cream is the perfect antidote to sending your stress and worries away. Why not spend this weekend making homemade ice cream?
With fresh orange zest, orange oil, orange peel, and a delicious dark chocolate flavor, this is going to be the ice cream that you want to make at home for the rest of summer!
Let’s take this weekend, tackle our to-do lists, and spend the weekend making delicious easy homemade chocolate orange ice cream while enjoying the beautiful summer weather with our loved ones!
With love, Genevieve
Be sure and follow, like, and share Fitty Foodlicious with your friends and family!
INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER
🧁 More Healthy Delicious Desserts
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD
Valentine's Hot Chocolate Bombs
HONEY PEACH PIE (HOMEMADE)
REFINED SUGAR-FREE CHERRY PIE
Pin This Recipe For Later
Thank you for stopping by Fitty Foodlicious, a website dedicated to sharing lasting, family recipes, anxiety tips and tricks, and healthy spirited mental wellness. My goal with this site is to let you know you are not alone. You can cook anything you put your mind to, and as my Italian Grandmother used to say, "Mind Over Matter" and "A good meal with a good friend, can cure almost anything!" Please don't hesitate to reach out. You can contact me at my About Me page or find me jaunting around on Instagram. Cheers! You can purchase my cookbook below
Homemade Chocolate Orange Ice Cream Recipe
- 1- 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (Sub in cocoa powder if you don't have cacao powder. See product suggestions below.)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1- 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 quarter cup Orange Juice
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup Orange Zest
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Orange Oil
- If using an ice cream maker, prep your ice cream machine 24-hours before making this recipe. Make sure to add the freezer bowl from your ice cream machine to the freezer at least 4-hours before making this recipe, or even better 24-hours.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon,cacao powder Himalayan sea salt to a mixing bowl and combine.
- Add the milk, heavy cream, orange juice, vanilla extract, orange oil to the sugar mixture and combine.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips in a glass bowl over steamed water or in a microwave until the chocolate is melted. Add in the fresh orange zest and combine.
- Add the melted chocolate to the prepared ice cream mixture and add everything to a stand mixer and mix on the medium setting or gently hand mix.
- Let the prepared ice cream mixture sit in the fridge for an hour to firm up before adding it to your ice cream machine.
- Turn on the ice cream maker, pour the ice cream mixture into the freezer bowl and mix until thickened, about 25-35 minutes. Since we froze the freezer bowl 24-hours prior, the ice cream should have a nice, thick consistency and should be ready to eat.
- Transfer to a bowl, add some more fresh orange zest, and enjoy!
- The ice cream will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6-months. Make ice cream ahead and enjoy this delicious dessert all summer long!
- If using an ice cream machine, prep your ice cream machine 24-hours before making this recipe. Make sure to add the freezer bowl from your ice cream machine to the freezer at least 4-hours before making this recipe, or even better 24-hours. If the freezer bowl only froze for a few hours beforehand, immediately transfer the prepared ice cream to an airtight container or a metal loaf pan, like the one you see in the pictures.