Homemade Pizza Dough
Here's how to make your own pizza dough. This recipe makes 3 crusts, so just use what you need. Then, freeze the left over dough balls for later.
This makes a quick and filling meal - just spread on a can of tomato sauce and start adding your favorite pizza toppings!
Top it all with some shredded mozzarella cheese and herbs like oregano.
Want to make your own home made tomato sauce? We've got the full recipe!
Dinner on the table in less than 25 minutes is always a bonus on busy weeknights. This make ahead pizza crust recipe gets you to the table fast!
After mixing dough together, let it rise in a warm spot for about 30 minutes.
Use a knife to divide dough into 3 or 4 pieces. This recipe makes enough dough for 3 thick crust or 4 thin crust pizzas.
To freeze any extra balls of dough, pop them into individual freezer bags. Store in the freezer until needed.
To use, spray pizza pan with cooking spray. Roll out one ball of pizza dough to fit.
Spread tomato sauce over the dough, then add your favorite toppings. Top it all with lots of shredded cheese and bake at 425F for 18 - 20 minutes.
Serve alongside tortilla chips and this yummy home made Salsa!
This Salsa recipe makes a big batch, so canning instructions are included.
Just reduce the recipe to make a small batch and store in the fridge.
Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1 pkt, 2 1/4 tsp. yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 5 cups flour
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. I like to let it sit for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Then stir in the salt and olive oil. Finally, add in the flour.
- Knead the dough about one minute, just until it is smooth. Let it sit and rest for about 20 minutes.
- Then cover and keep the dough warm for 1/2 hour. I usually turn on the oven, set the bowl with the dough on top and cover with a clean tea towel.
- Split the dough into 3 or 4 separate balls (3 for thick crust, 4 for thin crust)
- Cover your pizza pan with extra virgin olive oil. Punch out your dough and add the toppings of your choice. Bake at 425F for 18-20 minutes.
- Put the extra balls of dough in separate containers and put them in the freezer. This dough is great to have on hand for fast and delicious dinners!