Take 5 Twists
If you haven’t tried Take 5 candy bars yet, I apologize for your new found addiction. When I first discovered them, I was eating 10 mini bars of these a day for about 2 months. It was bad (hey no judgement zone okay!)
So what exactly is in a Take 5, you ask?
- peanut butter
The funny thing is I only like 3 of those ingredients. I know, I know- sue me. I don’t love peanut butter or caramel. At first when I saw the candy bar had it, I was SURE I was gonna pass- but I’m so glad I didn’t. Somehow all of these ingredients combine to create such a PACK of flavor and it’s the BEST chocolate bar you will ever taste. Quote me.
Take 5 Twists
- 15 Pretzels
- 15 caramel squares or 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup peanuts or walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Find a baking sheet that will fit into your freezer easily. Line this with parchment or wax paper. Place pretzels evenly apart.
- Microwave peanut butter for 30-60 seconds, until creamy and easily spreadable. Spread a small, even amount on each pretzel. Pop tray into freezer for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- If you are using caramel squares, flatten them out and place one on top of each peanut butter swirl. If you are using caramel sauce, pour an even amount on each cluster.
- Place a few peanuts (or walnuts) on top of each caramel layer & freeze again for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, begin a double boiler to melt the chocolate and coconut oil. I use a pot with boiling water and a fitted bowl on top. Add chocolate and coconut oil in bowl on top. Stir occasionally to melt and blend. Be careful to watch the water does not boil over and ruin the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, take frozen cluster out of freezer and drop them in bowl. Work quickly to completely coat each cluster with chocolate and drop back onto baking pan. If chocolate begins to harden, pause and focus on melting chocolate on double boiler again.
- When all clusters are coated, pop tray into fridge for 30 minutes or until chocolate is hardened. Enjoy!