I recently went to brunch with some friends and ordered the shakshuka. It was incredible and reminded me how much I love this brunch dish. It's simple to make but loaded with flavor. It's the perfect mix of protein from the eggs and carbs from the bread. I love making shakshuka when I'm running low on time but want a filling meal. I didn't have a lot of time between a long day of meetings, and I noticed I had an unused tomato in the fridge, so I thought shakshuka would be perfect. Once the tomatoes are cooked down, all you need to do is add the eggs, and that's it!
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp Flavor God garlic seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in the pan.
- Add the diced tomatoes and seasoning.
- Cook the tomatoes down until puree consistency.
- Make wells and add the 2 eggs.
- Cover and let cook until the eggs have partially set.
Published March 29th, 2022 2:01 AM