I have shared a lot of sweet cookies but this time I'm sharing my mom's recipe, its savoury masala cookies which me and my sister loved to eat like crazy when we were younger. All the Mother's out there will agree on this, that we won't allow our children to munch in more sugary snacks likes chocolate, pastries & sweet cookies. So we try to make some healthy alternative at home which would be tempting and delicious at the same time. My Mom bake these Spiced cookies often and instead of butter she uses Desi cow ghee. And she uses all homemade grounded spices for making these cookies.
When we were younger, I remember we didn't have OTG oven to bake so my Mother bake it on gas stove. She baked these amazing Masala Cookies which has less amount of Sugar and healthy too.
Now I too baked these masala cookies for our recent travel. You can find lot of cookies recipes in my channel. These cookies are the best compliment with lunch boxes.
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious looking Spiced Cookies. If you like the recipe then please comment below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp Black Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Jeera seeds
- 1/8 Tsp dried curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 Tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a mixing bowl add butter and powdered sugar then whip it till light and fluffy.
- Then add flour, baking powder, all the spices, seeds , salt all together and prepare a dough.
- If the dough is not moist enough then add 2-3 tbsp of curd.
- Grease an aluminium foil and roll out the dough into a big circle about 1 inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter or any bottle lid, cut out into desired cookie shapes.
- I made cookies by hand and gave a top design using a fork.
- Place the cookies on a baking tray and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes in the oven preheated at 325° F.
- Rest it on a wire rack and let it cool down completely.
- Store it in airtight jar and enjoy handmade cookies with tea.
- You can use Desi cow ghee instead of butter.
- You can add spices according to your preference.
- If you do not have a cookie cutter, make small balls out of the dough and flatten it with hand.