Easy Keto Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links, which helps keep this content free. Please read our disclaimer for more info.
Keto peanut butter blossom cookies have been ketofied with a few, quick and easy, swaps! I used almond flour, monk fruit, homemade peanut butter, and sugar-free chocolate to bring this holiday favorite to your low-carb diet!
Now, you don’t HAVE to use homemade peanut butter. But it’s so easy to make, that once you start making your own peanut butter, you’ll never go back to store bought again!
It’s truly as simple as dumping peanuts into your food processor 😉
How to Make Keto Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Before you get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
While the oven is heating up, beat together the Lakanto Classic, Lakanto Golden, egg, salt, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until well combined.
pssst….use coupon code HEALTHYAMBITIONS at checkout for 15% OFF your Lakanto purchase from one of the above links!
Don’t worry if the mixture isn’t “smooth” yet.
Next, mix in the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder.
And finally, add the peanut butter and beat until well combined.
The mixture will be very sticky at this point, so cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. This will slightly harden the dough and make it easier to work with.
Once chilled, scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet using a 1-inch cookie scoop.
Use your thumb to press an indention into the center of the cookie.
Another option is to use another kitchen tool to get the indentions more evenly shaped than what you can accomplish with your thumb.
I found that using the dropper that came with my gummy bear silicone molds worked PERFECTLY for this!
Bake the peanut butter cookies for 12-15 minutes, until they just starts to become golden brown around the edges.
Pull the cookies out of the oven and allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
If needed, reform the “thumbprint” with a spoon or dropper before the cookies cool all the way down.
Sprinkle lightly with Lakanto Classic, and allow to cookies to finish cooling.
Because Hershey hasn’t started selling sugar-free kisses (at least, none that I could find), I had to improvise on the chocolate middle.
The look won’t be exactly the same as the pointy Hershey’s Kisses, but at least we can get the flavor on point by using Lily’s Chocolate bars!
For the chocolate middle, simply melt the Lily’s Chocolate bars and and butter together in a small saucepan over low heat.
Allow the chocolate mixture to cool slightly and thicken just enough so you can spoon a dollop onto each cookie without it running.
And if it’s thick enough to form a small peak, like a kiss…WINNING! (I did not wait to see if I could achieve this or not, so let me know if you do!)
Let the cookies set for at least 1 hour, or until chocolate has solidified.
More Keto Cookie Recipes
Cookies are awesome, and I love finding keto versions of my favorite cookies or coming up with my own recipes.
And needless to say, my family is always more than happy to taste test the new recipes! Here are a few more cookie recipes that you might enjoy 😉
Soft Batch Chocolate Chip
Pumpkin Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies
Christmas Cut Out Sugar Cookies (with Frosting)
Cathy Dean Keto Coach at Healthy Ambitions
Hey y’all. My name is Cathy, a former junk-food loving carb-aholic turned nutrition and fitness enthusiast. As a Certified Keto Coach, I specialize in teaching others how to lose weight and heal their body with a ketogenic lifestyle.
Latest posts by Cathy Dean ( see all)
- Green Chile Mexican Chicken (Low Carb Dinners) - January 25, 2021
- Meal Planning for Keto Success - January 11, 2021
- Keto Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies - December 30, 2020
Easy Keto Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Sweetener, classic
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Sweetener, golden
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 Egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt, optional (not needed if your peanut butter is salted)
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- (optional, 1/4 cup Additional Lakanto Classic to sprinkle on cookies)
- 2 bars of Lily's Chocolate (6 oz total, dark chocolate or milk chocolate)
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheetwith parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, beat together the Lakanto Classic, LakantoGolden, butter, egg, salt, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Mix in the almond flour. Coconut flour, and baking powder,followed by the peanut butter. The mixture should be a pretty sticky.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in therefrigerator for 1 hour.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet usinga 1-inch cookie scoop.
- Use your thumb to press an indention into the center of thecookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until it just starts to becomegolden brown and set.
- Allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes before transferring toa cooling rack. If needed, reform the “thumbprint” with a spoon before thecookies cool all the way down. Sprinkle lightly with Lakanto Classic, and allowto cookies to finish cooling.
- Melt the Lily's Chocolate and butter together in a smallsaucepan over low heat.
- Allow to cool and thicken just enough so you can spoon a dolluponto each cookie without it running.
- Let the cookies set for at least 1 hour, or until chocolatehas solidified.