Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Peanut Butter and chocolate is such a great combination, and my recipe collection simply would not be complete without these peanut butter blossom cookies. There's a reason these are often found at cookie exchanges and holiday dinners; they are so delicious, and they are pretty beautiful too! Besides - who doesn't want a kiss from their dessert?
The dough for these cookies was based off my Peanut Butter Reese's Pieces Cookies, but I modified it slightly to make it even more peanut buttery since there's no added peanut flavor from Reese's Pieces in this variation. The cookies are easy to make but there are a few tips I have that will help ensure success.
How To Be Successful?
- Whip the butter and peanut butter really well. It should be a pale tan color when you're finished. This helps the cookies stay nice and thick
- Don't skip rolling your dough balls in sugar. It adds a bit of time, but the end result is well worth it.
- I usually portion out all my dough balls, then roll them all in sugar. This is more efficient, and it will keep your dough free of the stray sugar from your fingers
- Work with room temperature dough. The dough is quite stiff at room temperature, and more so after being in the fridge. If you must refrigerate, allow the dough to return to room temperature before attempting to roll it
- Make sure your Hershey's kisses are unwrapped and ready to go! It takes longer than you think to peel 36 kisses out of their wrapper - and there is a finite window to get them onto the cookies once baked
- Pop the cookies into the fridge for 30 minutes after assembly to allow the chocolate to firm up. I definitely snuck one or two of the fresh cookies with before putting them in the fridge, but having firm chocolates is important for storing and transporting these cookies!
I hope you try these cookies this holiday season! I will be making these for my holiday cookie box this year, along with some other favorites, including Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies.
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (for rolling)
- 36 Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes
- Beat in granulated sugar and brown sugar until fully combined
- Thoroughly mix in eggs and vanilla
- Stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture slowly, until fully combined. Dough will be quite stiff, you may need to finish mixing with your hands
- Divide dough into 36 even balls, about the size of a golf ball, then roll each in the sugar and place on prepared baking sheet
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are puffed up and slightly golden
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and carefully push a chocolate into the center of each cookie
- Transfer cookies to fridge for about 30 minutes to allow chocolate to firm up, then store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.