Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies
What was your favorite cereal as a kid? Mine was Cinnamon Toast Crunch, although I have not had a bowl of it in years! Something about growing up and being an adult, which I’m here to tell you is so overrated! Baking and eating these cookies brought me back to the good ol’ fun days of childhood, and I’m guessing it will be the same for you when you make it!
These cookies are soft, sweet (but not too sweet!), with a cream cheese frosting and that nostalgic cinnamony-sweet cereal on top, as well as mixed in with the dough. It's sure to be a hit with children and adults alike!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3 tsp Sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 Tbsp Butter (softened)
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a blender or food processor, take 3/4 cup of the cereal and blend it until only fine crumbs remain. These will need to account for part of the flour, so make sure they're ground down as much as possible. Sift the crumbs, until 1/3 cup remains. Set the bigger crumbs aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl with a an electric mixer, cream together the 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated white sugar, and 1 cup + 2 tbsp of softened butter until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the egg and 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract, and beat again until combined.
- In the same bowl, add in the 2 cups of Flour, 1/3 cup of finely crushed cereal, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1/4 tsp table salt. Beat all of the ingredients together until just combined.
- In the bowl where you set aside the larger crumbs, add to that bowl 3 tsp of Sugar, and 2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon and whisk together. Since we want extra large cookies, combine two scoops from a regular-sized cookie scoop and roll into a ball, then roll into the cereal, sugar, and cinnamon mixture.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet, about an inch apart. This dough should make about 15 large cookies.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, keeping in mind that they will harden when they cool down. Depending on how cold your butter is when you beat it with the sugar at the beginning, your cookies might not spread out as much and dome in the middle, making it hard to put on the topping later. To solve this, gently flatten them with a spoon right as they come out of the oven. Let them cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- While cooling, mix up the cream cheese frosting by beating together the softened 2 Tbsp of butter and 4oz of cream cheese with the 2 Tbsp of milk until creamy, then slowly add in the 3/4 cup of powdered sugar until smooth. Place a small dollop of the frosting on each cookie and spread around, then crush the remaining Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal a little bit, and sprinkle on top while the frosting is still wet. Save leftover in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!