My Everything-In Cookies are a dream to make and even dreamier to devour. But don't fret - these cookies are relativley healthy containing only 1/2 a cup of sugar. This recipie is also a one-bowl-wonder which will save you lots of time in prep and clean-up. However, I do highly reccomend taking a few extra minutes for the final (optional) step of drizzling chocolate. This will really add a stunning affect to your cookies and upgrade their apearance to create a jaw-dropping result with minimal effort. Substitting nuts or chocolate is possible, as long as you subsitute for similar ingredients and equal amounts (for example: 1/4 chopped walnuts for 1/4 chopped pecans, or 1 cup milk chocolate chips for 1 cup caramel chips).
- 120 ml of canola/ vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white or light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cups plain flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (can be white, milk, dark chocolate or a mixture)
- 1/2 cup sweetened flake coconut
- 1/2 cup crasins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 40 grams of semisweet chocolate, for drizzle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheight (180 degree celcius). Line cookie sheets with baking/ parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, sugar and egg using a wooden spoon until well combined. Add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Once well mixed through, add in the oats, chcololate chips, coconut, craisins, walnuts and almonds.
- Use a large spoon to measure out tablespoons of the mixture onto the parchment/ baking paper. leave around 1 inch (2/5 cm) of space in between each cookie. Use the back of the spoon to flatten the cookies.
- Bake cookies for around 17 minutes or until they turn a golden-brown. let them cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack until they have completely cooled down.
- Optional: In a small microwave-proof bowl, melt chocolate at 20 seccond intervals in the microwave, stirring in between each session with a metal spoon. Once completley melted, use a fork to drizzle the liquid chocolate over the cookies. Try not to over-do-it as that can ruin the affect. Place cookies in the refrigerated to allow for the chocolate to set.
- Store cookies in a airtight container for up to 6 days.
Published May 5th, 2021 1:00 PM